cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change but already charged for this month

Ryann2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I was planning to change my plan today (as it normally changes on the 25th) however it auto renewed today the 24th. If I was to change my plan and make it effective now, would I be charged twice (for the current month and the new plan start)?

my current plan is a 30day plan and the new promotional plans are 90days. 

any support would be appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ryann2 

Since AutoPay has renewed your 30 days plan. The 30 days plan shorten roughly every 2 months so it will not charge you on the 25th of each month. You will be charged for the new plan on top of your old plan.

You can subscribe now but have it change on your next renewal date so you won't lose the promo price.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, since your plan has changed already and you've already paid for the next 30 days so if you change your Plan you will pay for Two Plans, and by changing it now you'd lose any usage in your current one as it would immediately change to the new one. 

I'd recommend staying on the one you forgot to change from for one more month since you already paid, and schedule a Subscription Change on your next renewal date to prevent this from happening again, than instead of changing your Plan manually on the last day of your cycle, when it renews you will automatically switch to and be charged for the new Plan. 

You can always test your luck and see if the Customer Support Agent would refund you for the last cycle if you change your plan 1 day in, they may or may not, I'd check first. 

'Contact a Customer Support Agent' 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes and good of you to ask. Changing plan now starts a new 30 days and requires payment immediately. There is no normal day here. It will always sneak up a day after each 31 day month.

@Ryann2 wrote:

Hi there, I was planning to change my plan today (as it normally changes on the 25th) however it auto renewed today the 24th. If I was to change my plan and make it effective now, would I be charged twice (for the current month and the new plan start)?

my current plan is a 30day plan and the new promotional plans are 90days. 

A new 90-day plan would be started and the full amount would be due.  The payment for the 30-day plan is non-refundable.  A change can be pre-scheduled to the 90-day plan to occur when your next plan renewal would have been. This would prevent that from happening.

Need Help? Let's chat.