cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change and bonus addon and reward system

G_Cristian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings,

I will be travelling overseas (not US) for an extended period of time. Since PM does not offer roaming, I want to downgrade my plan to the $15/month and use the call forwarding feature to forward to a VOIP.ms account I will be creating. I have a few questions about that:

1. Will I be able to keep my bonus addon (international minutes) and reward system in place? 

2. The $15/month plan has 100 min Canada-wide calling. Does that apply to outgoing calls only, but  incoming is unlimited or does incoming count towards the 100 minutes?

3. I am planning to go with this plan for the duration of my extended trip, which could be up to a couple of years, is there anything I am missing or any gotchas that I am not aware or thinking of? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

G_Cristian

Thanks, good to know, have you come across a time when the settings were wiped from PM backend systems? If that is the case, I may consider dropping PM and going with the pre-paid Freedom Mobile $99/year where I can use WiFi calling without any issues. Thanks!

Customer support agents cannot change call forwarding settings for customers.

G_Cristian

Thanks for the info. Yes on first point, Canadian number for voip.ms and set up call forwarding before I leave. The second, that's a scary thought, did not think that something could possibly happen on the Public Mobile side of things to wipe out my call forwarding setting. Do you think in that particular case that I may be able to fix this by contacting the CS on this forum? Thanks!

@G_Cristian wrote:

Thanks much, as for #2, I will be using the  PM number on the trip, if need be, by call forwarding the number to VOIP.ms and using voice call for OTP, I believe that should work if properly set up. Any thoughts on that? Thanks.

The voip.ms number would need to be Canadian phone number and the call forwarding will need to be set while you still have access to Public Mobile service.  If for any reason the call forwarding settings get reset due to some type of Public Mobile system issue, you will not be able to change the settings back unless you have someone in Canada set the forwarding up for you again (that person would need your Public Mobile SIM card).

G_Cristian

Thanks much, as for #2, I will be using the  PM number on the trip, if need be, by call forwarding the number to VOIP.ms and using voice call for OTP, I believe that should work if properly set up. Any thoughts on that? Thanks.

@G_Cristian wrote:

I will be travelling overseas (not US) for an extended period of time. Since PM does not offer roaming, I want to downgrade my plan to the $15/month and use the call forwarding feature to forward to a VOIP.ms account I will be creating. I have a few questions about that:

1. Will I be able to keep my bonus addon (international minutes) and reward system in place? 

2. The $15/month plan has 100 min Canada-wide calling. Does that apply to outgoing calls only, but  incoming is unlimited or does incoming count towards the 100 minutes?

3. I am planning to go with this plan for the duration of my extended trip, which could be up to a couple of years, is there anything I am missing or any gotchas that I am not aware or thinking of? 

1.  Add-ons don't change because of plan change.  Also, rewards won't change.  While this don't specifically apply to you, Canadian data-add-ons don't work Public Mobile's unlimited 5G data plans.

2. On the $15 plan, incoming calls are unlimited, although that's not a factor since you won't be able to use this plan while on your extended trip.

3. When it's time to switch plans again, you'll only be able to choose from the plans that Public Mobile is offering at that time.

Need Help? Let's chat.