cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Upgrades

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've always been on the $40 plan but I find I need more data now. I'd like to upgrade to the $50 plan. I purchased a $48 voucher at 7-11 and added l it to my account by phone.

I cannot see where and how to upgrade my plan. Please help asap as my life just does not function without the internet. I really can't believe how much is affected by it, or lack of it. Along with all the usual: Google Netflix Gmail shopping YouTube banking, I've been suffering severe Wordle withdrawals!

Please advise asap.

(Also, why such odd voucher denominations offered at 7-11?)

From Vancouver Island,

Thank you Community.

messenabout

14 REPLIES 14

No you won't get put in the new points program, your 50 plan in the new points program would actually be better than the $2 autopay bc you would get 2.50 in points for each 50 renewal, but everything else (especially the loyalty rewards) makes the new plan far inferior, so stick with the old plan!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

It just stops. You get what you pay for ahead of time. No overages, extra billing or fees.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

messenabout

You are a wealth of valuable knowledge. All of you are. Thank you. 

Port Alberni. We have Shell but no London Drugs. It doesn't much matter though because I'm on auto pay. I just didn't know I could get onto the public mobile site or the community with out having any data or Wi-Fi.

• Oh hey, if you use up all your data does it just kick you off or are you charged for whatever more you use? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

Your rewards are safe just don't "join" the points program! You could go hog wild and change your plan to the $60/15.5gb plan. Your data would cost a little under $3/1gb. Public mobile has US Roaming add ons valid for 10 days. After you change plans you can schedule a change plan on next renewal back to the $40 plan just in case.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

Yes you start s new 30 day cycle. And it's free calling to the US from Canada. I am surprised the 7/11 near you has old voucher amounts. I'm not sure where on the island you are.... but Shell stations have a variety of voucher denominations and you earn air miles on them. So does London Drugs and vouchers count towards their LD Extras loyalty program and can be redeemed on pm vouchers as well. But they are best purchased in separate daily $10 denominations to earn a 5% value back. Both of these retailers pm vouchers are immediately valid upon purchase and loadable via 611.

messenabout

Thank goodness someone still knows math lol.

There is but one (minor?) error in your calculations. My 5gb data was used in the first 4 days!  <<I was bingeing Ozark.>>

I will not be using data for movies anymore! I  will not use data for movies anymore! I will not use data for movies anymore!

I see your point though and I honestly cannot go without internet for another day. And it's not like the extra expense is breaking the bank. (Well it actually probably will. Everything else does lol.)

Is PM in Canada only? Telus is a Canadian company I know. But then again Telus is now also a medical company!

Just one more thing if you don't mind, I will not be squeezed in to the new points program will I?

PS thank you for all your previous information regarding data and reserving my spot with my beloved $40 plan. I have saved all of that. Now I just have to find it. 

Thank you everybody you have all been most helpful. I bid you goodnight.

@messenabout wrote:

That actually makes sense. But explain my new $50 plan pls. If I were to buy today will the $50 plan see me only til the end of my current month? 0r am I buying a full month  which would give me a renewal date 30 days from now?

These questions make me sound stupid kreally I'm not lol) but there just seems to be some quirky little things that come up around here. I just want to make informed decisions and get the best bang for my buck.

Also regarding long distance. You say free long distance in the US. Well I live in Canada and I currently get free long distance in Canada with the $40 plan. Does that mean I will now get both? I haven't actually gone and looked at the details of the $50 plan lately but I can answer that question myself I'm sure lol.

When a plan is changed, you're getting a new 30 days.  If deiced to have the change performed immediately, you'll lose anything left from the old plan (and there won't be any refund).

The $50 plan includes calls to numbers in Canada and the U.S. while you're using thej service while youi're in Canada.

messenabout

That actually makes sense. But explain my new $50 plan pls. If I were to buy today will the $50 plan see me only til the end of my current month? 0r am I buying a full month  which would give me a renewal date 30 days from now?

These questions make me sound stupid kreally I'm not lol) but there just seems to be some quirky little things that come up around here. I just want to make informed decisions and get the best bang for my buck.

Also regarding long distance. You say free long distance in the US. Well I live in Canada and I currently get free long distance in Canada with the $40 plan. Does that mean I will now get both? I haven't actually gone and looked at the details of the $50 plan lately but I can answer that question myself I'm sure lol.

@messenabout wrote:

(Also, why such odd voucher denominations offered at 7-11?)

I beliefve that the voucher demoniations were decided long ago by Public Mobile to coincide with the prices of some of the popular price plans.  While those much older plans are no longer offered, some of the voucher denomination amounts may remain.  There are some stores that offer "real time vouchers".  These alllow you to purchase an account top up in any full dollar amount that you desire, but these work differently in the sense that you need to provide the phone number of the account and the retailer automatically adds the payment o the Public Mobile account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

Somehow I don't see you going on a data diet. Look at it this way...You have used 5gb in two weeks meaning you need 5gb more to get thru the next two weeks til renewal. As add ons that would cost 5×$15=$75 

Your current plan $40 - $10(30 days)=$30÷5gb=$6/1gb. You used all of your data=$30 and half of your base service=$5+$30=$35 By changing your plan now you really are only losing out on $5+$4 (rewards because they do not apply until next renewal)=$9 (really only $2 in lost rewards).

Your new plan gives you an extra 5.5gb of data and unlimited US calling but using the same base plan deduction $50 - $10=$40÷10.5gb=$3.80×5.25=$19.95+$5=$24.95

So the first 2 weeks of service and data cost $35 and your next 2 weeks will cost $24.95+$7(your net loss)=$31.95.

So the next two weeks is $3.05 cheaper than your last 2 weeks and if you add $2 for rewards earned it's $5.05 cheaper. 

I'm not sure there are any prepaid providers that will prorate changed prepaid plans. That's more of a thing for postpaid plans. Yes you would need to pay the whole amount of the plan for an immediate change.

messenabout

You're saying that I won't get any credit for the half a month I still have left? They don't pro-rate it?

So that would mean too that $48 is not enough? How bogus is that? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's always recommended to change plan at next renewal rather than now as there is no pro-rating here.

Click on the Change plan button in the account and then select the plan and then next renewal.

All vendors can make up their own denominations.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Log into selfserve ano on the over view page you a change plan button. Select the plan you want and do an immediate plan change if you want to get data right now and change your plan right away. This will forego anything left on your current plan else do a future dated plan change.

Need Help? Let's chat.