cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired??

jjseams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So my account says Plan Expired. My date of payment isn't until tomorrow (NOV 20) - I put vouchers in today to cover next 2 months. Never got a text to say payment received. Never got a text to say my payment was due....

Seems my plan is still working - but by all accounts, Publicmobile says it's Expired? I don't want it to crap out in the middle of my work day tomorrow...HELP?!?!

NOTE: Your plan expired on Nov 20, 2021 (but it's only the 19th)

11 REPLIES 11

HI @helpmedeargod   What you menat by when you plan was cancelled?

If you meant when you suspend a plan, then NO, bonus data will be there

if you meant you close your account, then of course, account closed and everything will be gone.

helpmedeargod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you loose your bonus data when your plan was canceled?

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

Woohoo! You got one this month!

Parade is on West Georgia street at 11 AM. I’m buying the coffee at Tim’s right afterwards.

See you there!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

Woohoo! You got one this month!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jjseams 

The following screens display on everyone's account the eve prior to cycle renewal

Most people unnecessarily panic (& for good reason) when they first see it and take what may be unnecessary measures to 'avoid' the account expiring.

This is probably the single most avoidable nuisance message that Public Mobile could change when an account is on auto-pay or has sufficient funds in the Available Balance to cover the upcoming renewal.

I can't imagine there isn't a 'fix' for this on their end.

HALIMACS_0-1637419524257.png

HALIMACS_1-1637419533393.png

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM  .... why doesn't PM fix this . It seems like at least once a week there is a post here  with someone stressing over it . While for those of us who have been through it  it seems to be just a part of what PM is, it is so illogical I think it bears asking the question . Surely there is a reason for it other than  to create need for the community .  Thanks for any insights . 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@jjseams wrote:

So my account says Plan Expired. My date of payment isn't until tomorrow (NOV 20) - I put vouchers in today to cover next 2 months. Never got a text to say payment received. Never got a text to say my payment was due....

Seems my plan is still working - but by all accounts, Publicmobile says it's Expired? I don't want it to crap out in the middle of my work day tomorrow...HELP?!?!

NOTE: Your plan expired on Nov 20, 2021 (but it's only the 19th)

Yeah, should say "will expire"

@jjseams 

Just one of the idiosyncrasies at PM that could throw users for a loop.

Usually, the account status would show "expired" for a roughly 20 hrs period starting on the eve of renewal date and ending the next morning after payment is taken from the account. As long as you have enough available funds in your account and service is not interrupted, there is nothing to worry about.

To check your balance after topping up with vouchers, you can call 611 on your phone or log in to your self-serve and check Available funds.

You didn't mention having a payment card registered to your account, so I guess you don't have autopay set up? That would give you an easy $2 "monthly" credit on your bill, even if you prefer paying with vouchers (in fact that's what many of us here do)

@jjseams 

In BC you have to get used to everything pm is based on the eastern time zone. So your plan renews and any minute or data counters reset at 9pm Pacific.

Your plan amount is debited from your balance or charged to your autopay card at about 11 pm pt. Your account will return to active status (or your services will suspend for insufficient funds) at 3am pt. (If renewals are on time they can sometimes run up to 6 hours late.)

At 9am pt you will get a text that you have successfully renewed. A glitch is causing the "your rewards have been applied" text to now come 12 hours later at 9pm pt.

If you add your vouchers via 611 you will get a text informing you that you have successfully added funds to your account. If you are suspended when you do this your plan will automatically reactivate. You do not get a text when you add funds via your self serve account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

That is normal during renewal night.

As early as 6PM EST on the night before the renewal day, your account status will show Plan Expired.  That  just mean your account going via Plan renewal process. 

But, no worry, your service should work during this time.  And as long as your account as enough fund for renewal or Autopay works, everything will work and no later than noon the following day, the plan status will show Active again.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@jjseams 

Just ignore it. That is part of the renewal process since it is a PrePaid Plan, not Post Paid. It will be gone by tomorrow and continue working for you through the process. I am in BC so by 8:30 PM on the last day the renewal process begins. Your first day of the 30 day renewal is tomorrow beginning at 12:01 AM Eastern Time Zone. 

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.