cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Change

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a quick question. I'm waiting for a good promotion and wondering how do you change plans if you can't do so on self serve? 

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

Hey welcome to the forum.  If you're still on that plan and wish to change, you must call 611 as you are still able to get call centre support.  This is because Public Mobile wants to ensure you understand you will be losing the call centre support if you do change, and there is no going back.

If you've been here that long, you've got some pretty good loyalty rewards coming your way 🙂

@stonechucker picture-perfect response.  Excellent stuff!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hey welcome to the forum.  If you're still on that plan and wish to change, you must call 611 as you are still able to get call centre support.  This is because Public Mobile wants to ensure you understand you will be losing the call centre support if you do change, and there is no going back.

If you've been here that long, you've got some pretty good loyalty rewards coming your way 🙂

tehowennathe

When ever I try it says worry rate and change isn't available online please dial *611. Maybe its because I'm on old PM $28 unlimited talk and text Canada wide from before the Telus takeover 

@Junaid

As mentioned in my reply to your other post, only a moderator can help you with this.

Please follow the instructions / click on the link in my post above.

Junaid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes same thing happened to me as soon as i clicked on immediate change plan my balance got deducted but now its been 12 hour since i made a payment my service not yet started 

My case : my new plan cost 47$ and i had 47$ in my account i changed my plan and applied immediate change plan 47$ got deducted now i have 0$ in my account and still no service can you help regardign this ?

@Junaid wrote:

i am also facing the same issue have paid the amount and click on change the plan immediately but my service not yet started its been 12 hour now do you have any customer care number wheir i can contact them 

@Junaid

No, there is no phone number, Public Mobile is an online-only provider. All customer service requests go through the community here.

For account relatedd issues, you need to reach out to the moderator team - they are PM employees and can help with account issues. Working on a first come, first serve basis, they will get back to you as soon a they can.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Junaid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am also facing the same issue have paid the amount and click on change the plan immediately but my service not yet started its been 12 hour now do you have any customer care number wheir i can contact them 

@wetcoaster, absolutely, as I did avise (in a roundabout way),  "on or before" day 25 or 85.  As soon as possible, when you know you want it when a promo happens.

Just a regular plan change because your needs change, not such a hurry, but again, as asoon as possible.

@stonechucker

I suggest that people who see a plan or promo they think they might want to change to initiate a future dated plan change ASAP.

This would avoid disappointment if it turns out to be one of those flash sales with unanounced end date that we've seen this summer. If, shortly before the renewal date, they figure that sticking with their existing plan is the better choice, they can always cancel the future dated change.

@JDT wrote:

That's correct.  If you are future dating your change, it has to be on your renewal date.  But when changing, you do also have the option of changing immediately, instead of waiting for your renewal date.

@JDT

Just be aware that an immediate plan change means that you will be charged the full amount of the new plan immediately, don't get a pro-rated refund on your existing plan and that you loose any data that might still be available to you on your existing plan.

@wetcoaster, no you're right, you can not select a particular day to have it activate, that's a fixed point.

I'm suggesting, you "set it up" at least 5 days before the renewal process begins, as it seems to take a day or two for some processes to complete.

I'm simply saying plan ahead, don't wait until the last minute.

JDT

That's correct.  If you are future dating your change, it has to be on your renewal date.  But when changing, you do also have the option of changing immediately, instead of waiting for your renewal date.

@stonechucker wrote:

Normally, self-serve works properly, but you need to know what plan you want, and 'future date' it to occur at your next renewal for optimal efficency.

30 or 90 day plan?   Scheduled it on or before Day 25 or Day 85 so that the system is prepared for your change.  Some processes in my mind seem to take a full day or two to be fully setup.  Giving yourself at least 5 days is the prudent step.

If you're asking because  your plan is expired/suspended, you must ask for assistance from the Mods, as an expired plan can not be changed directly.

@stonechucker

I don't think there is a choice of date if you are future dating your plan. In my self serve account it only says "change on next renewal date" and the pop-up window then shows your renewal date:

Screenshot-2017-11-23-08.04.jpg

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Normally, self-serve works properly, but you need to know what plan you want, and 'future date' it to occur at your next renewal for optimal efficency.

30 or 90 day plan?   Schedule it on or before Day 25 or Day 85 so that the system is prepared for your change.  Some processes in my mind seem to take a full day or two to be fully setup.  Giving yourself at least 5 days is the prudent step.

If you're asking because  your plan is expired/suspended, you must ask for assistance from the Mods, as an expired plan can not be changed directly.

**EDIT** Edited to change "Scheduled" to schedule.

JDT

You can change your plan through selfserve.  Simply sign into your account, and click "change plan" under "Account Status".  You can then select your plan the same way you did when you originally signed up.  You can test out different combinations to see the price before actually making a change.  If there are promotions, you will see the pricing change accordingly.

Need Help? Let's chat.