cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Change Error.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just got this message from a Friend Referral whome I assist with Account Management, for context he was on the $40 • 15GB Plan up until August 13th with no issues and everything was working fine August 12th and prior when he was on the 15GB Plan. I helped him schedule a Plan change last month so when his bill renewed it would automatically change from the $40 • 15GB to the new $39 • 20GB Promotion Subscription (which include the same Calling + Texting features of his previous 15GB Plan.).

Message: 'Why when I phoned Steinbach, my phone disconnected and said I was out of available minutes ... In thought I had unlimited calling Canada wide ...Frustrated !!! ... Was a important phone call and it looked like I was a pay as you go customer...'

Right after I received this message from him on Facebook Messenger I called his cell number which worked on his end incoming calls only. I got a better understanding of the issue and signed into his My Account to see if maybe his Plan change was unsuccessful, and it showed that he has been on the 20GB • $39 since August 13th but nothing has been working since the Plan was changed, Payment indicated successful with local taxes in the 'View Payment History' Section, so payment was successfully made and his account wasn't suspended..

One odd thing is when we scheduled the Plan change, it said it would change on August 14th, but it changed on the 13th and hasn't been working since, so the billing day also jumped ahead one..

Here is a screenshot I had taken and sent to him when I scheduled the Plan to change on his Renewal Date last month. 

received_950503379378802.jpeg

Currently he can only recieve Calls + Texts, but can't make any.. no matter who he makes an outgoing call to within Canada it says he has no minutes and data isn't working, as indicated on the My Account since there is 0MB used since the Plan changed.. he tried to use it but was unable and has to use wifi right now..

I'm expecting this to be a configuration issue? He has powered off and back on his phone multiple times, as well as popping the SIM out and back in... Considering his Plan changed a day earlier than promised, and now it hasn't worked this person wants compensation for the 1-2 lost days in Account Credit and the issue resolved on Publics end so his phone actually works. 

He sent me the number he tried calling today unsuccessfully which was 204-326-XXXX and when I called the number from any of my 5 Public Mobile lines, it worked with every single one..

I've helped chang over a dozen of my long time Friend Referrals from the $40 • 15GB to the new $39 • 20GB using the Scheduled Plan Change Feature and I've never had any issues in the past until this one today. 

Anyone have any ideas of what might be going on in this situation, will CSA refund him for the days their system wouldn't let him use his phone?

9 REPLIES 9

Priority

It changed overnight from the 12th to 13th, yes.

HI @SlickToxic 

no number to call, but submit a ticket to CS agent here and they will reply via Community inbox:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there a number to call?

No 611 help?

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lots of problems here

Very hard to make phone line and there is no cutomer service at 611?

Priority

I've been asking for a Public Mobile event in Manitoba for months now, I am in Winnipeg and have done over 150 Friend Referrals to Public Mobile locally, I could bring alot of people to the event since alot of the MB Public Mobile clientele come from my Activations. (Your welcome Public.)🫡

If there was an event in Winnipeg, it'd be successful and I'd be there like all day long. 

I'm a living, walking, and breathing Public Mobile Store. 🧐🤩

Priority

I love it!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like a network error as well. Sounds like he needs to go into his network settings on his phone, turn off automatic and choose PM. Then reboot the phone and try making the call. 

BTW. It sounds like a lot of members here on the PM Forums are mostly from Manitoba. So when's the PM picnic at St. Vital Park?  LMAO.....

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Priority , I wonder if resetting network settings would help at all? If not use @hairbag1 suggestion.

The payment date can change depending on how many days are in the month since PM plans are 30 day plans but yes what happened is odd/wrong since the payment date changed on the wrong day! Shorted by 1 day! Did it change overnight on the 13th?

Edit: @Priority , I see now this has been reported in the Community to have happened to others now that were charged a day early! One paid manually today but states “ I just reactivated my account after being away 6 weeks. I reactivated around 3-4 pm Central Time. That is like 15 hours after 11:59 yesterday. The date of my monthly payment cycle is dated from yesterday”

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.