cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 4a 5g, when call quality indicator is HD or HD+ no one can hear me, but I hear them!

Hewis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Confirmed with three callers today. They are unable to hear me but I can hear them crystal clear.

Edit: I just turned off 5g and turned on 3g and voice works perfectly! What the heck is going on with 5g? 

I noticed for the first time yesterday HD+ was indicated in the Google phone call screen, I've never seen that before. I've seen HD but not HD+. May be a coincidence, but maybe not...

No matter what I try, including using a headset or speaker, no one can hear me. This rules out its my phone's mic, as well I can record sound clips just fine. It's got to be the network...

Does anyone have experience with this? I tried to turn off VOLTE to fix the issue, but that's no longer an option.

As I said I'm on a pixel 4a 5g and I'm using eSim. 

Desperate for some help.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Hewis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's an eSim I don't have any other phones that support eSim unfortunately.

I just turned off 5g, and switched to 3g, and voice calls work. So it must be volte causing the issue, frustrated because volte worked on Bell just fine.

Thoughts?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hewis  Can you try the sim card in another phone to test . And then try a known to work SIM card from agreed or family in your phone to test ? This way you can rule out if it’s device issue or account issue . But my gut tells it gonna be a device  settings issue 

Need Help? Let's chat.