cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 has "no service"

purist
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Pixel 3 has no service with Public Mobile.

• I have tested two different SIMs. Same SIM that does not work in my Pixel 3 does work on a Samsung phone.
  • Pixel 3 is listed as compatible by Public Mobile. Bands specs are also compatible.
  • In the APN settings, I can see four networks available but call, sms, and data do not function, while "No Service" is displayed in the network indicator area.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Did the phone EVER work with the PM SIM?

Can you try another supplier's SIM card (like a friends) in the Pixel 3 to see if it works?

Try this step-by-step troubleshooting:

1. Make sure airplane mode is off
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is Active
  4. While on self-serve, check that SIM card number under “Change Sim card” matches the SIM card number in your phone
  5. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages
  6. Change wifi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only
  7. Set network mode to Auto
  8. Reset network settings
  9. Update device software to latest version
  10. Perform a manual network selection

@purist wrote:

My Pixel 3 has no service with Public Mobile.

• I have tested two different SIMs. Same SIM that does not work in my Pixel 3 does work on a Samsung phone.
  • Pixel 3 is listed as compatible by Public Mobile. Bands specs are also compatible.
  • In the APN settings, I can see four networks available but call, sms, and data do not function, while "No Service" is displayed in the network indicator area.

Any ideas?

Did you buy this phone as new or as used. I would check the status of the IMEI at devicecheck.ca.

Need Help? Let's chat.