Did you mean: 

Phone

Lol68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please tell me how to cancel my phone service

8 REPLIES 8

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you can cancel / opt out from autopay. once your billing is due, dont pay for it and after 90days or so the service will automatically be cancelled.

you can also port out the number to a different provider if you want to keep your number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lol68 

Choices to cancel service:
1. Quick and keeping your phone number
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay and port your number to another provider. Your account will be canceled right away.
2. Slow and not keeping your phone number.(You have 90 days to change your mind)
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay. Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be cancel. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying and reactivate your account.
3. Make money and not keeping your phone number
If you have a grandfathered plan with high demand, you can let someone to take over your plan. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you're switching companies your account will automatically be closed when you port your number.

If you're not switching or porting your number, just stop paying!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lol68 wrote:

@Lol68  

1. Remove your credit card if you have setup Auto-Pay 2Capture.PNG

2. If you don't have a credit card on file then just don't renew you plan
  3. Porting out your number to another provider will also delete your account (Note: It is recommended to also do step 1 if you have a cc on file)

That it!!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Lol68  May I ask why youare cancelling? Have you considered,  going down to the $15 plan? Thanks. If you have WiFi  access, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is no real way to cancel. you can 

1. Either port out and the account gets closed

2.Remove you CC and Stop paying your account and after 90 days it closes

Or You could contact a mod but that is useless. Just port out or if you don't want your number stop paying. The real question is Why? What other service provider offers better deals than this? is there a specific reason to why you want to close your account? if your having any problems i can help you or if there is something you dont like please tell us. If you cant afford paying i would go to the 15$ plan more like 13$ with autopay. Or you could not pay your service anymore but remember after 90 days it cancels

Edit: You seem to be new to the forums. Are you new to PM and wondering if it is possible to cancel if you don't like it, or is this just a new community account ?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lol68 wrote:

@Lol68   If you have a CC on file, remove it, or don't make anymore payments and your account and number will automatically deactivate after 90 days.  Or you can port your number out to another carrier and that will close your account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay then remove it and after 90 days your account will be deactivated.

To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.