cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone transfer

lotuslyric1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I am transferring my digital phone number from Primus to Public Mobile. I started the transfer on Thursday morning. I called my previous provider Primus, and they said that Public Mobile has to complete the transfer of my phone.Could  you please complete this transfer. Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

@lotuslyric1 

@lotuslyric1 wrote:

So you are saying that when the transfer is complete

I will receive a confirmation message on the phone, correct?

Correct.  You usually will receive a text.  You can continue to use your Primus line if it is still working.  Once the Primus line stops working, check your mobile line.  

My recommendation is not to contact CSA yet.  It has not been three business days yet if you started your port on Thursday morning.  If you have the port has not been completed by Tuesday or Wednesday next week, you can contact CSA.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lotuslyric1 wrote:

@lotuslyric1 

i suggest you to contact customer support so they can investigate what the status of the port is basically you just need to wait 3-5 business days for the port to be completed,

after 5 days you put it your SIM card in your device and try it..

to be sure contact CSA.

lotuslyric1

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@lotuslyric1 

Landlines and VOIP lines do take longer for port to be completed.  The official response is three business days, but practically up to one week.  That is with most mobile companies, not just Public mobile. 

Here is official policy.  No point contact Customer service agent since it has not been three business days yet.  

• The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lotuslyric1 wrote:

Yesterday, I received a message from Public Mobile saying that the transfer 

can take up to 3 business days. Now you saying 2 weeks. So you want me to pay you for

2 weeks and pay my old provider for the same period. And phone is still not working. Doesn't make sense. If transfer can't be done, the other option for me to move somewhere else.

@lotuslyric1 

you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

lotuslyric1

Yesterday, I received a message from Public Mobile saying that the transfer 

can take up to 3 business days. Now you saying 2 weeks. So you want me to pay you for

2 weeks and pay my old provider for the same period. And phone is still not working. Doesn't make sense. If transfer can't be done, the other option for me to move somewhere else.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lotuslyric1 

• The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.
  • visit Here link, for more information,

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy...

Need Help? Let's chat.