cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stopped charging

Colinds22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there I bought a very good condition iPhone XR in august… it no longer charges. am I Out of luck:( , or does this fall under the one year warranty? The automated helper chat just kept taking me in circles. I’ve tried 3 brand new cords so it’s definitely the phone ( my work phone is also an iPhone ) 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Colinds22 

Check you charging port to see if it is full of lint, the lightning cable should click into place. 
If it is full, clean it out with an old toothbrush. If it is hard with a toothbrush, use a small toothpick to scrape the bottom of the port…don’t use anything metallic and don’t damage the port connectors.

If you have a wireless charger, see if that will charge your phone.

Since it is still under warranty contact a CS_Agent for an exchange.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes if it was last August, you would be covered under the warranty until Aug 2022

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Colinds22 , your phone should still be under warranty for the failure that you have described.  This is the help article concerning warranty and how to obtain service.  Good luck.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

@Colinds22 

Make contact with Public Mobile Customer Support.

(Try option#2 if #1 is giving you issues)

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Colinds22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry, it no longer charges is the issue

Need Help? Let's chat.