cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still not working?

Nnagji
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

This is my situation. My mother and father were visiting Vancouver and my brother had them go to London Drugs to port their phone numbers to Public mobile. One went from Koodo to Public just fine, however the second one had some sort of error. They called public mobile and were told that the issue would be resolved in 24-78 hours. Now the phone still isn’t working and Koodo says the port went through. When we try to call the number it says it is not in service, but Public Mobile says it is. They will not give London drugs any other access and my phone still isn’t working. They said I need to message here. What is going on? Is my phone number with Public or not? 

2 REPLIES 2

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nnagji 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Public Mobile has no call center or live agent.  We are all customers like yourself.  We can offer advice and information, but we have no ability to fix plans, etc.  

You will need to contact moderator via private message to find out the status of your account.  It will take 1-2 days for response.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As you wait for moderator, you could try the non working SIM card into the other phone.  To determine whether it is a hardware issue versus public mobile service problem.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Nnagji Sorry to hear about your issue..How long has been since they say 24-72 hours?

I am reluctant to tell you to contact the mods right away if 72 has not passed yet.. pilling messages to the mods won't make things any faster.. there is a reason why Public is cheaper than Koodo.

chances are the # is not provisioned correctly. If you have to contact the moderators directly via here. Explain the situation to them, and also have the login credentials (email / password) for the # that is not working ready, they will ask you to go to a webpage for verification first before answering your issues.

Unfortunately it can take a while up to 48 hours, so be prepared for that.

Need Help? Let's chat.