cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service

Lily6012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd like to know if I can stop the service for 5-6 months when I am away from Canada, but keep the phone number unchanged. After I return to Canada and request to resume the service using the same phone number.  If it works do I need to pay certain fees?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lily6012 

A few ways to accomplish this.  Here is one good article:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M129086

Basically, you could turn off autopay/unsubscribe.  Then your account will be suspended.  Before 90 days (recommend a few days before), re-activate your account for one payment cycle and then turn off autopay/unsubscribe.  Then you have another 90 days of suspension before you need to pay again. If your account is suspended more than 90 days, your account will be permanently closed and number lost. 

Some customer will switch to the lowest cost plan $15 and do the above.  Or just continue to pay $15/month while away.  If your present plan is not available, then I would not recommend to lower cost plan, since when you come back, you can't switch back to your original grandfathered plan

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lily6012 , you can suspend your account for up to 89 days, on the 90th day the account will deactivate and you will lose your number.  To suspend the account, use the subscribe button in your account payment tab.

Need Help? Let's chat.