cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service is not working properly

Ziamylove
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone has not been working properly for the last two days. Intermittently I can not make or receive calls or txt messages. I know there are current issues with the Telus network and Public mobile is on Telus network. Why are Public mobile users not being contacted about this interruption, as it is causing others, as well as, myself issues not having our cell phones operating properly. We are also paying customers and deserve some sort of compensation (whether it be a data upgrade or extended time on our service) as we have been unable to use the “service provided” when it doesn’t work due to a network issue. Telus is the parent company and offers “offsets” to upset clients when they call, but we can’t call in regards to this interruption to complain or ask for some sort of reimbursement for lost time. My question to Public Mobile is, “Is the company going to do something about this?  It has cost me time and essentially money having to run around today to follow up in person (where I could because, due to Covid a lot of things are still by phone!). I have been a Public Mobile user for years, but due to having a lack of information when things like this happen or any sort of compensation for the days lost (that were paid for!) I am now seriously contemplating switching to Bell, Rogers or another service provider. Albeit I will pay a slight premium to be able to talk to a live person, I would be informed or would at least be able to immediately find out why there were service interruptions and something would be done about it, to rectify the situation. What I am putting to the Public Mobile community, is to collectively ask the company to hear us!  In the event we do experience these service interruptions, that Public Mobile take accountability for it and follow up with its customers via notices through txt message or email. Whatever and realize that we paid for something we have obviously not received, if the providers service is not working as it should!!!!  I myself will be contacting the company asking for reimbursement of the days so far my service has not been working. Many of us are not able to get monthly plans on contracts. I am fortunate that I can, so will be looking to do so if this time, Public Mobile does not follow through with realizing we are also paying customers who deserve to get exactly what we paid for. Which is uninterrupted, working cellular and mobility service. 
Sincerely,

R.S. 

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ziamylove 

I get it, it is frustrating.

Today, so many people use their phone as another part of themselves. So much is invested in having reliability from our phones.

But, technology is only great when it all works great. When it breaks down, it sucks.

Things happen and let's hope improvements are made from these blips to prevent them in the future.

Have you tried your SIM into another compatible Public Mobile phone to see if services are improved.

Ensure you have the latest software on your phone.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Ziamylove 

Also try the following:

Set your phone’s preferred network to 3G and reboot.

If that does not work:

Reset network settings and reboot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ziamylove 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again,

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.