cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone occasionally doesn't receive calls

fuzzypeaches7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all-

I got a Samsung Galaxy A52 for Christmas, and it will occasionally deflect any incoming calls until I make an outgoing call. 

There are no known triggers as far as I can tell - it will just cut out. The caller will hear a couple of rings and then go straight to voicemail. My phone doesn't ring or show any indications of missed calls. Once I make an outgoing call, it will reset and receive incomings no problem.

Texting works the whole time with no interruptions.

Is this something that's happened before with Public? Or is it the phone? I didn't have this problem before as far as I'm aware. 

Please help!

12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fuzzypeaches7 wrote:

Hi all-

I got a Samsung Galaxy A52 for Christmas, and it will occasionally deflect any incoming calls until I make an outgoing call. 

There are no known triggers as far as I can tell - it will just cut out. The caller will hear a couple of rings and then go straight to voicemail. My phone doesn't ring or show any indications of missed calls. Once I make an outgoing call, it will reset and receive incomings no problem.

Texting works the whole time with no interruptions.

Is this something that's happened before with Public? Or is it the phone? I didn't have this problem before as far as I'm aware. 

Please help!

@fuzzypeaches7  - I feel like I may be missing something here...but, anyways.

Have you checked if any contact are listed as blocked in the device?

OR, check to see in your setting if you have the setting set to only receive calls from your Contact List. If so, turn this off.

Was calling working before you switched to the A52, in a previous device?

Try Performing a Reset of the Network Settings on the A52.

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fuzzypeaches7 : Ok good you found it. So change it to WCDMA/GSM or even just WCDMA and see what happens for the next bit. Or if it's a predictable/repeatable effect then test it out.

Be aware of your data consumption as it will seem a little faster due to using real 3G/HSPA data.

fuzzypeaches7

@BKNS27 Yeah, I've tried a couple of times. My biggest problem is that I don't know whty or when it's happening. Resetting it to receive calls just needs me to make an outgoing

fuzzypeaches7

@Anonymous Right now it's set to LTE/ WCDMA/ GSM, with options for WCDMA/ GSM, WCDMA only, and GSM only. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@fuzzypeaches7 

Did you try rebooting your phone by powering off then power the phone back on?

Maybe there is an outage in your area.

The Telus (Koodo & PM) coverage in the Ottawa area should excellent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fuzzypeaches7 : You could still try the suggestion I gave earlier. Telus is doing infrastructure fiddling and this could be impacting customers in some areas.

fuzzypeaches7

Ontario, near Ottawa

fuzzypeaches7

I don't know if it allows voicemails or if it just fails entirely

fuzzypeaches7

I also have the company phone he just does not accept that as an alternative because it's inconvenient. But obviously not everyone in my contacts lists has that number if they need to get a hold of me.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

NEVER use personal phone for business purposes! I never gave anybody at work my cell number.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do those call go into vmail? Tell your boss if you do not answer to at least very short vmail. Maybe some cell tower(s) interference occurs?

If your boss is such smart aleck, let him give you company phone...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fuzzypeaches7 : Can you try changing your phone networks to one of 3G/UMTS/HSPA/WCDMA. Are you somewhere in Manitoba?

Need Help? Let's chat.