cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer

Jaxson1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I transferred my phone number from Rogers to Public Mobile at first in transferred all fine. After about 2 months I got messages from Public Mobile saying that my transfer was not completed properly and they gave me a new number, this kept happening for almost 3 months now and now my number is completely deactivated, I don’t have my old SIM card from Rogers anymore, so how do I complete the process of getting my number transferred and reactivated??????

9 REPLIES 9

Jaxson1

Thank you so much I will message them and figure it out 

@Jaxson1

you are lucky.  613-812-xxxx is owned by Telus, PM can help 

So,  you ported your number from Telus/Koodo/PM into Rogers before??

Since it is a Telus number and PM has the ability to assign the number, please open ticket with PM support.  Explain the situation and let them know you owned the number, hope them can help

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Remember to update us with good news

Jaxson1

The area code is 613 and the next 3 digits are 812

@Jaxson1 

If you got the number originally from Rogers, the number would have gone back to Rogers and PM cannot assign the number to you, only Rogers can

We can try to look up which provider owns the number originally, give us the area code and the next 3 digits 

Jaxson1

I called Rogers and they basically said that it is out of there hands that it is basically up to Public Mobile to ASSIGN my phone to my original number, do you know anything about this?

Jaxson1

Yes my Roger’s account is closed, I will call them and try to figure that out thank you so much 

@Jaxson1 yes, it had been long and they might not be able to easily help.  But the Rogers account already closed?? If you didn't ask them to closed the account should still be active as porting was not done, unless you didn't pay the bill.  If you really want the number and you got the number from Rogers originally (not ported into Rogers) , ask them if you activate back with a new sim, can they assign you back the number.  If so, them you can arrange porting afterward.  If not, there is really nothing PM can help 

Jaxson1

I am pretty sure I replied YES to the message, but I also do not longer have that message either, my account was still active with Roger’s at the time. I called Roger’s and they said they can not do anything about since it has been more then 30 days. So now I am stuck 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jaxson1 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  Did you get such text from Rogers and you ever reply yes? 

And only active account can be ported, was that account still active? And if you want that number ported into PM, you need to first call Rogers back and confirm first. Ask them what option you have since you lost the Rogers sim. Once sorted and Rogers account is active and ready to port the number into PM z them request the port in from My Account.  But again, start with Rogers to sort out the situation 

Need Help? Let's chat.