cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not ported

namdarkaboli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A few months ago I bought a public mobile sim card and ported my old phone number from Fido on it. Now that I started using the public mobile sim card, the number that I have is not the same as my old Fido number and apparently the old phone number hasn't been successfully ported. When I checked with Fido my old number has been cancelled and when I call the phone number I get a message: "8UM3, your call can't be completed as dialled". A lot of people have my old phone number and I need to get it back, how can I fix this problem?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @namdarkaboli 

You would go there when they are not too busy and open an account using the same area code and the same exchange (first 3 numbers of your number, the town would probably have more than one of those 3 leading numbers) then you ask the clerk to use your last 4 digits and k keep trying until your first 3 digits show up with the correct area code. 

People in the store will not be too happy about it, so better come when they don't have to tend to too many people. Most of them open at 10

Did you get that number from Fido or did you transfer it in? Once the number is released it goes to the original company

namdarkaboli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@kselmak 

Thanks for the help,

what do you exactly mean by "catch it from a Fido store", should I get a new plan with them?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@namdarkaboli 

Looks like your old number is up for grabs

Was it Fido original number?

You could walk into a Fido store and try to catch it.

Then you can port it

When you port make sure you give a good number to be reached as public mobile will try to reach you if there is anything wrong.

Best luck

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried contacting Fido to see if it is possible to recover your previous phone# ?

You could try changing your PM phone#  otherwise you may be out of luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.