cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number is changed to a new one on my phone without my authorization nor my knowledge

Newbies1956
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Somehow my phone number is changed to an unrecognized one on my phone without my authorization nor my knowledge. However, on Public Mobile web site, my profile stihas my correct phone number. I wonder if Public Mobile has some kind of outage recently.

54 REPLIES 54

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Newbies1956 

If you have had no service for a week due glitches or issuess on public mobile's part whether it be both with your account for your services and your community account there's no reason you shouldn't ask for a credit. Take your plan amount divide it by 4 ask for 25% back as a credit.

It would be great if you do reach out for a credit that you ask for a technical explanation of the cause and the fix of your problem as it helps us help others that come across these kind of unusual problems with their own services.

While it's common for members to just post contact customer support to fix the problem you're having because it's out of our control.... as an account related issue. Yhe average CSA does not have the technical expertise to solve difficult issues and even the p.m. tech team has its limitations and has to send a certain issues back to telus to actually get it fixed.

It can save a lot of time and frustration on the customers part if they can tell the CSA to begin with what the likely issue is and fix and then it can be sent to the correct team member to enact the changes necessary fix an unusual problem. This is how members of the community who make notes on these kind of unusual problems and communicate it to the customer requiring help makes community support so effective rather than just directive.

Thanks for the update!

Newbies1956

Good morning,

Thanks for helping me on this issue. I don’t really know what has been done by the technical team on the backend systems, but my number was restored to my phone last night. The phone is working now after out of service for a week. I wonder if I get credit for that. Thanks and best regards,

Newbies1956

Thanks so much your time on this. Let me try to creat another community id and resubmit my ticket through SIMon to see if it works. Also, if you can, please report my issue to them to make sure they are aware of the issue. Thanks again for your help.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Newbies1956 

I apologize for not getting back to you yesterday as I had a lot on my plate and never made it back online. I got a reply 3 hours later so a lot longer than usual lately at least. But that doesn't equate to your wait time.

I think you have a double whammy happening which is never a good thing. So seeing as you have not followed up saying you finally got a response from customer support I am going to assume you haven't and there may be enough steam coming out of your ears to power the Orient Express!

You may also be experiencing a glitch with your community account that has occurred several times to me over the course of 6 months last fall whereas customer support were unable to see my messages to them. They also could not see tickets submitted via SIMon. Until they were able to finally correct the issue I learned if they did not reply within 24 hours I would send a private message via my second community account I have for my other additional pm account. 

I can contact customer support on your behalf and link your thread and get them to reply to you both publicly and privately. Additionally I could report you (but explain it's only due to you unable to get a response from them) and/or you can trigger a smut filter reply to get their attention. Profanity is usually the best way to do this with a note in the post explaining why you purposely triggered the smut filter.

You could also create a third community account and reach out to customer support thru it explaining why you needed to create it and ask for a tech team ticket to be created for both issues with your self serve and community accounts Make sure you get your tech team ticket reference #'s for easy follow ups without needing to reverify.

The self serve account issue I need to find my messages with another member that had a very similar problem to yours....I will update once I find them and reread to determine if they have similar symptoms.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is your Apple ID all properly set and configured and everything matches? Grasping straws while you wait. And settings/ general/ about with wifi on doesn't come up with anything?

Newbies1956

NP at all. I really appreciate yours and others' help on this. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There's just the allegedly slower private message method (although that's not been my experience) or the proper ticket method. It's a queue system. I doubt they prioritize.

Newbies1956

Adding - did you ever get around to doing a full power off restart? I did reset the iphone(power on & off) at least 10 times already. 

Newbies1956

Will do. But is there a way to contact them directly. My patience is getting thinner and thinner over the 2 days.

Let us know when you hear from them. That's pretty poor service.

Adding - did you ever get around to doing a full power off restart?

Newbies1956

I sent 1 yesterday and sent another one few minutes ago since I have not received any response from PM CS.

Oh. So that's just now (or whatever that time zone is). I thought you did all this yesterday. Did you send a private message yesterday then? Or is this yet another ticket?

Newbies1956

Yes, that the ID I logged in the community web site. 

Newbies1956

I successfully created the ticket ,and that 's why I got the screen prints and ticket number. 

Ticket reference number: 251547-606
Time submitted:2022-09-02 10:21 AM

@Newbies1956   but you opened your ticket with this Community account (Newbies1956), right?  then CS agent's reply will come to the community inbox of this account (Newbies1956) 

Newbies1956

FYI I did create a new community user ID(Newbies1956 vs Newbies56(old)) for this issue since I did not remember and could not recover my password.  

Do you see this ticket in your sent box?

I might suggest making another username here. Seems on the very odd occasion that tickets disappear off into the ether for some users.

Are you sending private messages? Or are you successful in making tickets?

@Newbies1956 wrote:

It 's Sept 2nd and I still have not received any response from CS. I 've submitted another ticket through Simon again(Ticket reference number: 251547-606) and cross my finger. It 's quite frustrated and I cannot use my phone for the last few days. It 's critical for me since all of my government or bank contacts are required phone MSG for authentication.

@Newbies1956  monitor your Community inbox for a reply,,  I hope @CS_Agent  will reply shortly and get that sorted out.   Maybe Community Manager @J_PM  can help to push this for an investigation.

Newbies1956

It 's Sept 2nd and I still have not received any response from CS. I 've submitted another ticket through Simon again(Ticket reference number: 251547-606) and cross my finger. It 's quite frustrated and I cannot use my phone for the last few days. It 's critical for me since all of my government or bank contacts are required phone MSG for authentication.

Newbies1956

It 's Sept 2nd, 2022 and I still have not received any response from CS. I 've submitted another ticket through Simon again(Ticket reference number: 251547-606) and cross my finger. It 's quite frustrated and I cannot use my phone for the last few days. It 's critical for me since all of my government or bank contacts are required phone MSG for authentication.

Newbies1956

No, no one has the access but me, and I don’t do it. At any rate, it must have some account activities logs CS can review I believe.

HI@Newbies1956   no one have access to your My Account to do a phone number switch?

at this time, just need to wait for CS agent to respond.  If you have not hear anything yet, message them again

Newbies1956

Please help to restore the phone number on my phone please. It does not work at all now.

Newbies1956

No it not, my calling phone tells me it ‘s not in service. Also  I’ve been with PM for at least 7 months and no change requests initiated by me.

HI @Newbies1956   If people call the 437 number, the phone would ring?

did you just port in your number from another provider? how long you have been with PM?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Newbies1956 

No worries. But only your private messages are private. 

Newbies1956

Thanks. I thought it 's private.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Newbies1956 

Oh dear don't post your phone number it's a public forum and you'll get spammers and scammers calling you. Go to the little arrow at the right side of your post click it and you can edit out your phone number from there

Newbies1956

Yes, that the first thing I looked at, and yes it is my current phone number 647-574-XXXX. But, on my phone it 's new number 437-344-XXXX. It 's a mismatch there, and I have no idea when it happened.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Newbies1956 

Yes that's normally about the time I say I CSA will answer your message / ticket. So maybe they're busier than they were the last couple of days. But I can do a little test for you cuz I need to follow up on an issue I've been waiting for them to address so I will send a message and tell you when I get a reply then we can figure out if they've missed you or not.

Need Help? Let's chat.