cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number doesn't work--not a transfer.

Denisey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot call my phone (the response is "number cannot be completed as dialed"). I also do not receive texts from Public Mobile to verify my account. This was a new phone number offered by PM. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

@Denisey   please open ticket with PM support as advised above then

Denisey

Yes I can make outgoing calls. I just cannot phone the cell phone. I called my landline provider and they checked the number. They said no one had been assigned that number.

@Denisey   landline provider?  I thought you said you didn't port in your number and just picked a new number

but again, can you make outgoing calls?

i still suggest you to open ticket with PM support and have them confirm if the account was provisioned properly

Denisey

I contacted my landline provider and they tested the number. They said no one is assigned to that number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Denisey 

If you picked a new number with PM then just reboot your phone by powering off the phone then power it back on.

You will only receive a text if you are porting your old number over to PM but this is not your case.

You will get an email from PM welcoming you to PM on the registered email address.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Denisey   so, you just joined PM with a new phone number and unable to receive calls?

can you make outgoing calls?  does Mobile data work?

What brand and model your phone is?

Try to change your Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G Only and see if it works

You can also try if VoLTE is setup properly.  Change the Preferred network or Network mode back to Automatic or 4G, then make sure you enabled VoLTE on your device 

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

Pixel Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there

Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

Also, if you have another phone, test your PM sim card there

if nothing work, it could be a sim card provisioning issue, please open ticket with PM support and have them to confirm if the line was provisioned properly

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.