cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number does not working

MLIFU65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently registered Public Mobile account. I first got a new number, and completed old number transfer. I can call out and shows my old number on recipient's phone, but I can not receive phone call or text message, or send out message. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@MLIFU65 sound like a stuck port.  Usually this happens if you missed replying the porting authentication text

You have to call the porting support number and they can re-trigger that process.  Important part is that you have to make sure account on the old carrier is still active and you still have the sim card with you

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MLIFU65   Was your old account still active when you transferred the number to PM?  As mentioned you would also need to keep your old SIM in the phone to respond with a YES to the transfer text within 90m minutes.

I'll private message the Telus porting number (check message inbox top right) and they ask your old provider to resend the text if you missed the 90 minutes window and that account is still active.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MLIFU65 hi it sounds like your port failed, did you leave old sim in to receive transfer request? you only have 90 minutes to respond yes I will send you a phone number for telus porting dept .check your community mailbox 

Need Help? Let's chat.