cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number didn’t port

Shelley53Smith
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I created 3 account about 2 weeks ago. Went back to my previous provider today to finish up with them and make sure I was fully cancelled. The response was that one number was still in the cloud and did not port. The person proceeded to tell me that I was still being billed for that number with them. I cancelled it so that I was  no longer paying 2 bills. That means my daughters phone lost the number. How do I get a number for her?

8 REPLIES 8

@Shelley53Smith wrote:

They said via text it was done and I responded within the time given. All seemed good until I went to cancel sktel

A successful port should cancel your sktel account, you should not cancel it on your end. Can you reactivate the sktel account? .. then you can port over to Public.

@Shelley53Smith you should not need to cancel your old provider.   Once porting is completed, it will be closed, this is part of the porting process 

Shelley53Smith

They said via text it was done and I responded within the time given. All seemed good until I went to cancel sktel

Shelley53Smith

It’s was 2 weeks ago

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Shelley53Smith 

If your daughter’s old carrier was Telus or Koodo. The CS_Agent might be able to help her get the old number back once her account was cancelled.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Shelley53Smith  - did you miss the SMS port approval within the 90 minute period for this account?

You may submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) to restart the porting process from an Active previous provider's account (Koodo and Telus may be an exception to this rule); click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Shelley53Smith

Thank you. I’ll keep my eyes open for same.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shelley53Smith 

You should not cancel the number from your old provided!! call them back to "uncancell" it first so you can port the number 

There is a number to call to talk to PM live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.