cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

christinand
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Even though public mobile is showing as the mobile network, my phone isn’t working. I’ve tried restarting the phone and that doesn’t work. What else can i do?

11 REPLIES 11

cassandramunro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you very much for the update esjliv. I submitted a support ticket but they don't seem to be aware of any outages.

christinand

Thanks its working again. Toggling on and off airplane mode seemed to work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@christinand @cassandramunro  - 

There have been some outages reported in Burnaby. Hopefully they get cleared up soon.

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/burnaby/

Try restarting your phone or toggling into airplane mode regularly until you get your services back.

cassandramunro

I'm by Lougheed Mall in Burnaby and I'm having the same No Service problem. Public Mobile, please assist.

cassandramunro

I am showing "No Service" as well since about 3 hours ago, I am also in Burnaby right by Lougheed Mall. So this must be the network's problem. I've restarted the phone, I've toggled Airplane mode, still No Service.

@christinand 

manually select network 3G only or WCDMA only,
and rebooting device.

christinand

Its really weird but i just tried outside on my deck and my phone worked but it doesn’t work in my apartment. This happened to me once before. Very peculiar, like there is an outage just in my apartment.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@christinand Did you recently activated a new line? Did you request to port in your number? Does your data or outgoing text working? Can you try calling your number from another phone by placing 1 in the front? 

christinand

Strangely, texting works but the phone doesn’t.

christinand

I’m n burnaby near lougheed mall. Thanks.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@christinand hi where are you located so we can check for outages in your area 

Need Help? Let's chat.