cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

Shelleynleg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I am a new subscriber and I did the eSIM. I transferred my phone number from Rogers. I got the confirmation from them. That was about nine hours ago and I still have zero phone service. I was told I would have a temporary number that would work for outgoing calls, etc. however, I tried calling my son and nothing happens. Now I am not getting any response from the customer service person that was supposed to help me. Is there anything I can do this evening to make this work or do I have to wait another day with no phone? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Shelleynleg

I ended up removing my Rogers Sim card from my iPhone and checking off to use the new eSIM… it seems to be working now, however, I missed several important messages from clients because when they were texting my phone number their texts were not going through because in the settings under messaging my iCloud email was checked off instead of the phone number for sending and receiving text messages. What a nightmare I never would have switched if I had of known.

@Shelleynleg SOS means the eSIM was not properly setup. First try what I suggested above.  If still does not work, open ticket with PM support 

Did you follow the several lines from the other reply that are in bold or have bolded parts?
SOS means your phone isn't using a sim. So it can do 911 calls and that's it. You need to try the suggestions.

Shelleynleg

It says sos ..now what

Shelleynleg

It says sos .. what does that mean? I have no idea if the eSIM installed or not.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shelleynleg 

do you see your phone connected to PM ? or showing SOS?

You sure the eSIM was installed? 

If you are sure the eSIM is showing on your phone, ie installed, try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.