1. Open the Settings app
  2. Tap General Management
  3. Tap Reset
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings
  5. Tap Reset Settings
    • Note: If prompted, enter your PIN, password or pattern
  6. Tap Reset Settings one more time to confirm
  7. Nothing
  8. Contacted Telus and they assured me they have deactivated the phone as soon as public makes a request. I followed all the instruction that I could find on questions to fix problem.Have shut the pone off several times. Reinserted sim card numerous times.
21 REPLIES 21

DennisC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Problem is fixed. The issue was at their end.

@DennisC 

Glad everything finally worked out for you.

This is a common problem when one step of the activation was missed.

glad it is working in the end...  Enjoy!!

DennisC

I would like to thank everyone who tried to help me solve my problem. The phone is working and I finally got into my account. The proble was at their end and it took a few days to get it fixed. Thank you all.:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DennisC 

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be:   YES. 

DennisC

Using the same number

@DennisC   you supposed to get a text from Telus to confirm you are leaving them.. you need to reply it within 90 mins

it's late now.. there is a  number to call to re-trigger the process.. i will message you.. please check your Community inbox.  (envelop icon on the top right)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DennisC : If you were transferring a number then you need to put the original SIM in to confirm the transfer.

DennisC

Confirm text? With the public sim card or Telus sim card?

DennisC

I phoned telus to find out if they deactivated my telus account. They said they did what they were suppose to do now Public has to send them a request to activate.Yest send message to Mod

DennisC

I just finished send info to Mod waiting for reply.

DennisC

Phone not working for incoming or outgoing-Main screen says emergency use only when I dialed a number and it says not registered on network. On my account it says Active. Phone is a Galaxy Samsung 9 tried all the tips I could find and Telus says the problem is not at their end.

Did the following

1. Open the Settings app
  3. Tap Reset
  5. Tap Reset Settings
  7. Nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DennisC 

do you can try your SIM card in other device to you test is working or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DennisC : This sounds like a porting problem. Is that who you called? Have you contacted the moderators here though? If the Telus account is Mobility then do you still have the Telus SIM in a phone? You need to confirm a text for the transfer.

DennisC

Samsung Galaxy S9

Was with Telus -never had any problems with them-Not Blacklisted

Did the following

1. Open the Settings app
  3. Tap Reset
  5. Tap Reset Settings
  7. Nothing -Telus said there end is ok but Public need to request something to Telus before accound can be deactivated- Turned phone off/on many times- removed sim card numerous times
  8. Followed all the tips I could get from Public info/

@DennisC wrote:

Phoned them and they said all was good at there end but Public needs to forward a request

who did you phone?  PM does not have a live phone line to call.

and PM needs to forward a request... so, you are waiting for their reply then?

If you have not open a ticket with Mod yet.. please do so...

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DennisC

Phoned them and they said all was good at there end but Public needs to forward a request

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DennisC   are you still working on yesterday's issue:

New User: keep getting not registered. - Community (publicmobile.ca)

If so,  I think we mentioned it might be a provision issue.  Did you open ticket with mod yet to confirm the provision was done properly?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DennisC   I guess you tried to do Network reset but didn't fix your issue

But can you provide us a bit more information.. what is not working?  voice call? incoming and/or outgoing?  Data?

What is showing on the screen.. do you see Public Mobile ?  How about status bars?

was the service ever work?  was it working before and just stopped working today?

did you logon to My Account and is the status showing Active?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@DennisC 

More information would be helpful.

New versus old customer?

Did it work before?

Is your account status active versus suspended?

Any further details around your particular situation would be helpful to provide better advice. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DennisC wrote:

Did the following

1. Open the Settings app
  3. Tap Reset
  5. Tap Reset Settings
  7. Nothing