cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

Anniebananie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No data.  I have spent hours with all the suggestions.

upper right does not indicate 3G or anything.  No phone.  No texting. Answering machine “failed”

I have tried the dozen recommendations……

I am paying for no service, sadly.

13 REPLIES 13

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anniebananie  glad it all working now

Anniebananie

I live rural so when I went into town I could phone, get my messages etc. So it must be a poor connection at my rural property.  
I also cleaned my SIM card prior to driving into town.

thanks for everyone’s help!

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Make sure you do all your app updates, too. Carrier services sometimes gets an update. Network reset (as mentioned earlier) is worth trying too.

@Anniebananie...how long have you had this particular phone ? Did you buy it new or something else ? Use the "Get Started" tab to see if the phone has been reported as blacklisted or stolen. Scroll down that link to "Find out if your cellphone is compatible with our network".

Use this link as provided by @esjliv .....https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/'

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Maybe SIM contacts got dirty? Or contacts in the phone?

It is rainy in GTA so maybe high humidity caused loose contact?

Remove SIM, wipe it with alcohol, use q-tips to try to clean phone's contact...

As guys suggested, try SIM in your husband's phone. If it is not working even there it could be hardware issue as PM works for me (but might be outage in your area?).

Keep us posted when issue is resolved so we can add resolution to 'our knowledge database'.

@Anniebananie  if you tested the SIM on your husband phone and still not work, open the ticket as @esjliv suggested. 

I think also explicitly ask mod to give you the SIM number they have on file so you can confirm with what you have.  Just to check and confirm it's not SIMjacked.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Anniebananie wrote:

No data.  I have spent hours with all the suggestions.

upper right does not indicate 3G or anything.  No phone.  No texting. Answering machine “failed”

I have tried the dozen recommendations……

I am paying for no service, sadly.

Hello @Anniebananie ,

After doing the above, and also checking what @softech suggested with trying your SIM into your husband's phone to see if you have any service, and still no resolution, I suggest contacting the Moderators to confirm there is not issue with your Account/SIM.

Moderators:

Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
Private message the moderators here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Anniebananie  Try putting your SIM on another phone, maybe your husband's and see if it works.

Anniebananie

Yes, active and 129 of 2560 MB used, and next payment July  29.  Husband’ s phone works with Telus. 

@Anniebananie  voice , text , data all not working?

Please logon to My Account and check the account status

Anniebananie

Have had many months.

Sim card in and out, try 3G and LTE, toggle airplane mode, turn phone off and on….

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anniebananie  did you logon to My Account and confirm if your account is Active?  Any chance yesterday or today is the payment due date?  

Also , did you check Telus Outage map?

https://www.telus.com/en/nu/outages

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So, it worked at one point but isn't working now? Or are you a new customer and data hasn't worked at all yet?

What other suggestions have you tried? I'd like to know so I don't repeat something.

Need Help? Let's chat.