cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not activated but charged on my bank account went through twice

sheldonballa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am attempting to move my Telus number to public mobile, upon activation there was a error that I cannot recall but it would fail and yet I was charge twice on my bank account. So far the sim is still not activated and assumed it would become active because payment was taken twice but it has not.
Also cannot seem to log into public mobile account to see account status as any email that I could have used is not recognized by the system for a password reset.

18 REPLIES 18

sheldonballa

Make sense, get the charges reversed and then move forward...

So if you were porting from Telus and did not keep the Telus SIM in your phone you will have missed the text from Telus asking you to confirm that you wish to port out. So maybe best to keep service working with Telus for now until you get things sorted with Public Mobile?

AE_Collector

sheldonballa

Also to there was two charges on my bank account for a couple of the attempts to activate the PM sim...as there was a error multiple times attempting to activate, we kept trying and found out to be charged twice.

sheldonballa

As it happened, I am setting a new phone at same time and tried the Telus sim in the new phone and it was working so I removed that sim card and installed the Public Mobile sim and proceeded with the activation and porting request...so that means the Telus sim was not installed in anything at the moment of activating the PM sim.

@sheldonballa 

Did you attempt to port your telus number into pm when you activated? If so you need your telus sim card to reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes. If you are unsure of when you will have the telus sim card have the moderators set you up with a temporary phone number. You can then port your number in thru your self serve account when you are ready and able.

@sheldonballa wrote:

I have provided email address's that I can be contacted with. As it happens I am unable to install the old sim card in due to being admitted to a hospital since I attempted to switch sim cards just before the emergency. Only have wifi access with the public mobile sim card installed.

Thanks

I hope that you're able to go home soon.  The point that I was trying to make is that you won't be contacted by e-mail.  The website does sometimes send notifications to your e-mail address that a moderator sent you a message, but you can't actually doing anyting with that e-mail message.   All (or at least almost all support) is provided on this website. To reply, all communication must be done through this Public Mobile site.  If you reply to the Community notification sent to your e-mail address, it won't actually be received by anyone.  Having access to the Public Mobile SIM card and a compatible device is an important troubleshooting step, but for now, the moderators will be able to take care of overcharges.

sheldonballa

I have provided email address's that I can be contacted with. As it happens I am unable to install the old sim card in due to being admitted to a hospital since I attempted to switch sim cards just before the emergency. Only have wifi access with the public mobile sim card installed.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

To you can send a private message To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

the are a person/human,

at public mobile for Customer Service No have the phone number only by 

Moderator Team, to you will get the help you .

Good Luck

@sheldonballa wrote:

I used the direct link you provide, is this not a email or direct message to someone that is going to manage this problem? Otherwise what is the point of the message I sent?

Thanks. I understand now. I was confused by th use of the term  "e-mail".  Messages to modertaor_team do go to customer service.

sheldonballa

I used the direct link you provide, is this not a email or direct message to someone that is going to manage this problem? Otherwise what is the point of the message I sent?

@sheldonballa wrote:

I have used the direct email contact, thanks....I am sure this will be a lot better help.
Sheldon

Public Mobile doesn't provide customer service by e-mail.  Are you talking about private messaging through the Community?  Sending an e-mail message will not result in any response.  Using private messaging can also result in receiving slower service as these are given a lower priority.

sheldonballa

I have used the direct email contact, thanks....I am sure this will be a lot better help.
Sheldon

Anonymous
Not applicable

you Have To send  private message To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

the are a person/human,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE

@sheldonballa wrote:

Is there a person/human that can help with this situation as a chatbot is not smart enough to deal with a overpayment and a failed activation...you can only ask or think of one thing and then it sends me to a submit a ticket but the link don't work other than signing back into this community forum which is where I am now...

The chatbot is how you contact Public Mobile customer support (moderators). You need to proceeds with those steps as providing your Community sign in informaiton is how they know where to contact you.

sheldonballa

Is there a person/human that can help with this situation as a chatbot is not smart enough to deal with a overpayment and a failed activation...you can only ask or think of one thing and then it sends me to a submit a ticket but the link don't work other than signing back into this community forum which is where I am now...

Anonymous
Not applicable

for your double charge, the moderators will issue you a refund.

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

sheldonballa

Yes it is with a Public Mobile sim card...

@sheldonballa wrote:

I am attempting to move my Telus number to public mobile, upon activation there was a error that I cannot recall but it would fail and yet I was charge twice on my bank account. So far the sim is still not activated and assumed because payment was taken twice the account would become active but it has not.

You tried using the Public Mobile SIM card? Nothing works?  

With a double charge, you'll have to get the moderators to issue you a refund. They should also be able to fix an activation that didn't go as planned.  A ticket can be opened by going to: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.