cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not activated - HELP

Claudidaudi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Transferred my number to Public earlier tonight and I can't get my access.  Its sending a code to a temp number they say they gave me but I don't know where that number is.  So I am basically locked out.  I can't confirm full access.  I wish they would email it to me like they do with all the codes.  Please help

13 REPLIES 13

Claudidaudi

CoastalCruizer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activation of my account on Pixel6a with Koodoo eSim was not successful. What do I do now?

Claudidaudi

No.  Still waiting for a reply

SergeTk

Have they fixed your issue? 

Claudidaudi

Honestly, one night I was getting responses quickly - say every 15 minutes...today Im at an hour and still no response.

SergeTk

Thank you so much. Sent message. What’s response time typically?

I need this to do my work so it’s pretty critical. Thank you

Claudidaudi

The porting team could not help because I can't log in. 

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process. DM them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

SergeTk

I’m having the same issue, I can’t receive the 6 digit code to my phone because I tried to port it but it’s in limbo it looks like so I cannot log into my account.  Can you please give me the # to the porting support team? It’s been almost 24hrs my old number is not ported.

@Claudidaudi 

It sounds like porting was not completed from Koodo to PM. The critical part of porting your number is to keep the old SIM in your phone and reply with YES to the text confirming within the 90 minutes window.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process. Just DM them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Meanwhile, your old SIM should continue to work.

HI @Claudidaudi 

did you port in from Koodo?  If you are , you need to remove your Koodo sim card or disable the Koodo esim

and are you activating esim or physical sim with PM?

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Claudidaudi- After you answer yes to the message from your old provider (authorizing the number transfer), you need to remove the old SIM card and put in the new one for Public Mobile.

Claudidaudi

Just noticing my phone still says Koodo in the top corner.  This is confusing...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Claudidaudi 

there is no temp number when you port in your number.  You basically have the same number you want to port and just want for the port to complete

can you make outbound calls?  is that just inbound calls not working?  if only inbound, the porting was not done.  You got a text from your old carrier asking you to authorize the port?  

there is a porting support team you can call for update.  I have sent you the number ,  please check your Community inbox for it and call the porting team

Need Help? Let's chat.