cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not Allowed

Emack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been using my public mobile SIM card for years now. 3 months ago I got a new iPhone 14, and have had no issues. All of the sudden last night, it will not allow me to connect to the network. In my settings, it says “Physical sim. Network not available. Phone not allowed.” I would not imagine that it is locked to a different carrier as I’ve been using it with no issue for the past 3 months. I bought the phone from my father, but I checked the IMEI blacklist just in case, that is clear. I have reset network settings, reset all settings, restarted my phone, powered down my phone, removed the SIM card, airplane mode, etc. My partner and I switched SIM cards, both of our SIM cards work in his phone, but neither in my phone. I have exhausted all avenues of connecting with a customer support agent through this horrible support. I keep getting an error page when trying to connect with a real person. At this point I’m ready to go buy another SIM card with another provider, but I’m unsure if it will work. 

18 REPLIES 18

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Emack 

What version of iOS do you have? Where was the phone purchased? Thru koodo? Apple?

@Emack 

just thinking out loud here...maybe the hard sim reader in the phone is corrupted. Might be worth the $5 to test a new esim instead of hard sim.

Emack

My partner’s sim is also PM *edit* my father’s was Koodo! I’ve contacted apple support and they ran multiple diagnostics to find nothing wrong with the phone. They are saying it is a carrier issue, but PM is yet to find out what the issue is. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Emack  Your partner's sim didn't work in your phone either, is he on PM too?  Do you know who the carrier was when your father had it?

Emack

Alright I will try and get access to another brand of sim card

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You should try any other than PM SIM in your new phone. Ask neighbor, friend, colleague just to try their SIM in your new phone.
Just because that new phone used to work does not mean it will work now. Maybe SIM contacts are bent, broken, dirty. WHEN you make that phone work then you can continue troubleshooting PM SIM. Before you switch companies definitely try NON PM SIM in a new phone!

Emack

Finished talking to apple they ran two diagnostic tests and it looks like the issue is from public mobiles side of things

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

At this moment I can't think of anything that helps. But will keep thinking.

The only reason I posted was because, as per softech it could be blacklisted for some reason and the site that we suggest here may not have an updated data base at this time. Maybe it takes 24 hours to update? Just spitballing here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254481158

As suggested by @maximum_gato you may wish to reach out to Apple care for assistance or post in the boards there with everything you've shared with us here to see if they can help. If you do, can you please share that link here so we can watch what they suggest and advise? Educational purposes of course. 🙂 

@Emack 

if you wanna try esim..they're only $5 and your i14 might like it better than hard sim...maybe.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Emack 

For some reason the iPhone is not reading the SIM. 
I would try a hard reboot to see if that works. Press volume up>volume down and hold the power button and slide to power off.

Emack

I cannot think of any reason why it would’ve been blacklisted. I have checked both IMEI numbers on a few websites and they are consistently showing as clean. My father was the original owner, he just decided to go back to android, he did not blacklist it.

It has just allowed me to submitted a ticket with PM. Thanks. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Emack 

Oops my bad....yes you did. Any reason to think the would have been blacklisted? Your father forgot he sold it to you? IMEI# accidently posted online? Insurance claim? Your father was the original owner?

It's possible an imput error occurred with the blacklisting of another device....in that case follow the previous advice to contact customer support.

Emack

I have checked both IMEI numbers on multiple blacklist websites for both Canada and the U.S., and it shows up clean every time. I have just checked again and it is still showing clean for both. I have attempted to submit a ticket with PM, but it will not work. That is why I am inquiring here. I cannot get in contact with PM. 

Emack

Thank you, but I have already tried this step. All of the steps I have tried are listed under my question. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Emack 

You can also try a network reset.

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Transfer or Reset iPhone ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings. Once this action has been completed, then try connecting to a cellular network. Ensure that you have an active SIM inserted into your iPhone as well.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Emack your iPhone is likely blacklisted. I understand you checked, but please check again

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Also, each phone now has multiple IMEI, for physical slot and eSIM. Check the IMEI for both

if still showing clean, also open ticket with PM to ask them to explicitly check their blacklist

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Emack 

You have already determined it's not a carrier problem since both Sim cards work in your husband's phone but not in yours. You need apple support/care.

Need Help? Let's chat.