cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone no longer receiving calls

Novina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not sure what is going on with this serivce. Everything was working fine until I booked a roaming to the USA last week. When in the US I was unable to use data that I had paid for, except for a brief period near the airport. 

now on my return the text messages are Not going through, the phone no longer rings when I get calls, it goes straight to voice mail. Any thoughts? 

18 REPLIES 18

Novina

Thanks for the replies, but I solved the issue. It turns out with an ASUS phone I have to set up all the network parameters manually. I found a website that showed me the settings and now it works. Warning to all other ASUS users, do not use the "auto configure" this is what messed up my phone. 

@Novina wrote:

yes, still not using data, yes, account is paid in full shuoud be tons of data

@Novina  - you never know what data you have left really until you look it up in your overview section of your self serve account.

You said you were in the USA. Were you using iMessage or Chat Features for texting..this would be using your data allotment, if so. There could be other reasons, of course, why your data was used up.

If no data lines some up in the area below then you have used up your data for this current cycle: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

JL9
Mayor / Maire

screenshot of your data/add ons section in your self serve and APN settings would be very helpful

Please provide images of your currently selected APN settings.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Novina 

So there is a line displayed showing what plan data you have left in self service under My Data & Add-Ons?

Novina

it is on but my phone says it is disconnected for data. Again, there is no issue on the public mobile side that I can see adn I am no longer roaming

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Novina 

Can you confirm that your cellular data is switched on and that when you look in self service under My Data & Add-Ons there is a line displayed showing your Plan data.

Novina

yes, still not using data, yes, account is paid in full shuoud be tons of data

@Novina what did you do to make the rings come?  Reset network?  As @JK8 said, data is APN setting now, did you check the link he provided 

what kind of phone is that?

Novina

I have it now rings, but won't connect to data

>Public Moblie does not come up as a carrier, but I will try again

Maybe that is the reason.  Is that the same phone you were using before the trip? 

Again, try changing to 3G ONLY/ WCDMA Only

Or try Network Reset and see if it works 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Novina 

For data confirm your apn settings are correct:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=Apn

Novina

Yes, I can make call but the issue is receiving them and anything to do with data.

I don't have the option of going somewhere else, I live in a very rural area. 

Public Moblie does not come up as a carrier, but I will try again.

Novina

I will try

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Novina you can make outgoing calls without problem?  Mobile Data working?

did you try your phone in different area of the city and  same problem?

Try changing the preferred network to 3G Only and see if it works.

Also, try to manually pick Public Mobilr as the network carrier instead of leaving it on Automatic

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you set your phone to automatic networks? Maybe you're manually set on T-Mobile.

Novina

I have done all of that and more.

No, I have not tried my sim on another phone. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Novina 

Can you log into self service and confirm your account status is in Active status? 

Try rebooting, resetting network settings, reinstalling SIM card.

Have you tried sim in another unlocked phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.