cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone isn't compatible with Public Mobile

Anna__
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I bought sim card yesterday and also a plan. Then i found out that I can't do calls and receive them because of my phone compatibility. Can I cancel the plan and have money back? Or just freeze the plan for some time?

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anna__ 

As noted your phone will work except if you are in Winnipeg or Brandon Manitoba as telus no longer has band 5 for voice calls there and you don't have band 2 the fall back for voice. While not ideal it will still work.

@Anna__ yes,  you phone won't work well for voice as you don't have  both 3G bands needed on PM

Data, depends if you have International versuon or Asian.  International version would work slightly better but still won't wrong very good

You are not considering to change to a more compatible phone?

PM is prepaid and won't refund on such situation.  If you decided to leave,  please remember to disable Pre-Authorized payments on your My Account so PM won't continue charging you on next renewal day

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

PM needs these bands for LTE. the phone should work on 3g even without band 2(1900mhz)

• 700mhz(12,13,17,4,29)
  • 850mhz(5)
  • 1700mhz(4,66)
  • 1900mhz(2)
  • 2100mhz(4)

TechnologyGSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bands1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 - International
 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41 - Asia
Speed

HSPA, LTE-A

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You can explain the situation to a CSA and they may be able to put the price of the plan in your available balance so it is there when you get a suitable phone that won't have these issues with PM. no guarantees but they are usually good with this stuff and especially with a new customer I could see them making an exception. No harm in trying.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Well one reference suggests it's not great for here. You could likely get some LTE but talk might be more of a challenge. Can you get us any more specific model details. Maybe there's a better veriant.

For clarification...who told you that phone isn't compatible on PM network ?  Looks to me like it should be ok if global model..

Did you activate an account yet ? Did you pay for a plan yet ? If you have, put sim in phone and give it a spin.

edit'd

Anna__

Thank you, it's Realme 8 Pro 

Anna__

Yeah, i was told that in Telus today. My phone is Realme 8 Pro

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You can stop paying for service (remove autopay) for 88 days without losing number. After 90 days your account will be closed.

Did you try SIM in some other phone?

What phone do you have?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Anna__ 

Are you sure it is not coming compatible or is the phone locked?

What is the make and model so we can check for you?

PM is a prepaid service so refund is very slim but worth a try by contacting a CS_Agent.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Take sim outta phone...save it until you have a compatible phone. The sim is still usable until 90 days after your regular plan expires. After 90 days...well, it's garbage.

Once you get a replacement phone, install sim and you should be good to go.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anna__ 

Let's start with the make and model of your phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Anna__ 

Prepaid service credits are non refundable.

You could try to contact the customer service agents by tapping SIMon Chatbot near bottom of page and process a service ticket.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anna__ PM is prepaid provider and cannot provide refund in  ase like this 

But what brand and model is your phone?  we can try to look up and confirm if it is compatible 

Need Help? Let's chat.