cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is not working

kstephens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new to public mobile and I do not have service. My account is set up and paid.

22 REPLIES 22

kstephens

Yes that's correct

@kstephens 

The sim card has all of its services when put in another phone? But incomplete service in your iPhone?

@kstephens 

Does it show public mobile on your screen? Is it giving you an error message?

actually .. is the phone is working if you put in another SIM now?  .. the fact that it connected briefly and no service.. didn't look right to me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kstephens : See what you find at devicecheck.ca . Did you buy the phone used or new?

davgendron
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kstephens 

That seems odd... Maybe there's something wrong with your iPhone antenna or the SIM card slot is very fragile. 

Have you tried to put another active SIM card into the iPhone 7 and see if there is service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

after you selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

and do rebooting your phone,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

kstephens

Tried forcing 3G...Public mobile showed on the screen but as soon as I tried to make a call it disconnected and said no service again.

kstephens

Yes the phone worked before and my account status is active. No outgoing calls and incoming calls go right to voicemail. I'm going to put in a ticket with the moderator

Ok.. it's good.  your SIM works on another phone, good.. so, activation is completed.

you phone used on Koodo, so, it will work here for sure.  It is just a matter of iPhone needs the proper confirguration.

Did you try what I suggested? plug in the iPhone and have iTune to download latest update and the Carrier profile?

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

and do rebooting your phone,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

davgendron

@kstephens 

Alright, so the iPhone 7 is probably the problem. Do you have access to another active SIM card? If so, try to put the other SIM card in the iPhone 7 and see if it catches the signal. 

Can you please tell us if forcing the iPhone in 3G works?

kstephens

No it was a new number and the phone is unlocked.  I was with Koodo previously.  The sim works in a different phone

davgendron

@kstephens 

Maybe if you go in "settings", "cellular", "cellular data options", and force your iPhone to be in 3G. 

Does your account say "active" when you log in?

davgendron_0-1624816953029.png

You tried what I suggested above?

did you iPhone used on another provider before?

Did you have a chance to logon to "My Account" and confirm that the account did activate and showing status ACTIVE?

Also, you haven't answer.. outgoing calls work?

you might want to open a ticket with Mod to confirm your activation was successful, they usually reply quick:

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kstephens

This did not work either

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kstephens wrote:

I'm new to public mobile and I do not have service. My account is set up and paid.

Did you port your old number over to PM ?

Make sure your phone is unlocked and not blacklisted as stolen.

Try the sim in a different unlocked phone.

@kstephens  

For iPhone, try this:

1. Insert your new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart.

kstephens

No that didn't work either.  I have tried resetting the network etc.  My phone is the iphone 7

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kstephens wrote:

Have you tried shutting down phone..then restarting ? Sometimes that gets things going.

Welcome to PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kstephens  are you porting in your number or just got brand new number from PM?

Anyway.. let's reseat the sim once again, power down, take SIM out and wipe it clean.  Then put everything back.

you should at least able to see Public Mobile on top of the screen and can make outgoing phone calls.

If still fails, tell us what kind of phone is that.

Need Help? Let's chat.