cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone hanging up

pio28asba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When receiving calls, I can't accept them, after a second they are automatically directed to voicemail.

I have restarted the phone several times, I have a strong network, but it is still not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have purchased this phone from PublicMobile in June.

24 REPLIES 24

@pio28asba wrote:

Changing again. It worked once. Now it's not working again.

Are you able to try your SIM card into another phone to test if services are better @pio28asba ?

This would rule out a device issue.

Perhaps check for outages in your area: https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pio28asba 

It could be a provisioning issue you can try to fix this yourself by logging into your self serve account go to lost/stolen. Suspend your account... Log out/in. Resume your account services via lost/stolen. Log out and reboot your phone. Try a test call to your phone to see if it's still automatically goes to voicemail.

If you're on the points program you're fine you're on the rewards program you're going to have a glitch so tell us if you are. If this doesn't fix the problem it could still be a provisioning issue and you need customer support or it's a 3G issue. If it's a 3G issue then while on 3G go to in your settings go to About phone then SIM card status then Signal strength. Check what your signal strength is with 3G ideally not below -100dBm.

The Wi-Fi thing is interesting since you got the phone from public mobile and it's quite likely was a telus phone it may have had both VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling enabled on the phone I don't know if VoLTE being enabled on your phone or enabled and disabled has caused an issue but if you have Wi-Fi calling enabled you should be able to call on Wi-Fi so although unusual it can happen with public mobile because it happened to the BF who had a Telus Sonim XP-8 and we discovered he was actually suspended for 4 days but still being able to make calls didn't realize that he was short on his payment. So it could be affecting your phone maybe to its detriment instead of it's betterment but something to consider if nothing else suggested works.

@pio28asba wrote:

What do you suggest I do ?

Only the carrier can fix a network issue.  Unfortunately, that's beyond your control.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Check your blocked numbers and your DND settings. 

And have you inadvertently set any Call Forwarding features?

8968614E-AFD4-468A-8789-8F5E243CBCC5.jpeg

@softech wrote:

(To be honest, you will get better download speed on 3G, just higher latency)

The customer could be on a plan that allows faster LTE speeds. There's also no guarantee of faster speeds on the HSPA+ network than the LTE network with a 3G plan.  I've found the HSPA+ network has become heavily congested and it's nowhere near as good as it used to be.

@pio28asba   Leave it on 3G Only for now.  You can use voice and data on 3G without issue.  (To be honest, you will get better download speed on 3G, just higher latency)

Change it back to the other setting tomorrow and see, if it still not working as well, keep 3G Only for another day

btw, what brand and model is your phone?  Try to reseat your sim card once.  Power down, then take sim card out for a minute before you put it back and power it up again

@mom-in-troubles   then you will have to wait for PM support to reply.   make sure you check your Community inbox for their reply.  If it has been over 24 hours, message them again for update

There was another # (##004#) to dial. It's very curious you talking about wifi. That should have exactly nothing to do with not being able to get calls when wifi is on.

Maybe try a restart of the phone. Or maybe even just in and out of airplane mode.

pio28asba

What do you suggest I do ?

pio28asba

I dialed #004 and I have removed all do not disturb options. Still not working.

It does work when Wifi is turned off.

@pio28asba wrote:

I have no trouble with outgoing calls. Only incoming.

Switching to 3G works when Wifi is turned off.

Wi-Fi being on or off wouldn't affect phone calls unless there was out of the ordinary software bug in the device.  The reason for setting to 3g workingwould be because of an issue with the phone swtiching from LTE to 3g for phone calls.  While this worked, it's not a permanent solution.

@pio28asba- Can you go into your dialer and dial ##004#. This resets the call forwarding options to default. It might be where the problem is. Also check the Do Not Disturb option. Is this all callers? Some provider callers?

pio28asba

I have no trouble with outgoing calls. Only incoming.

Switching to 3G works when Wifi is turned off.

mom-in-troubles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn’t request a porting, this is a new number

pio28asba

Porting is not an issue here since it's a brand new number.

pio28asba

Changing again. It worked once. Now it's not working again.

@pio28asba wrote:

it did not work. But thanks

@pio28asba   So, 3G Only does not help?  When you changed to 3G Only , how many signal bars you have?  did you see PM connected?

and can you make outgoing calls when you changed to 3G Only?

Also, try to use your phone in another area, with 3G Only or with the regular LTE/3G settings and see if you are receiving calls

pio28asba

I had to set to 3G and restart the phone.

@mom-in-troubles wrote:

The same issue happen to me, I activated my sim one week ago and I can’t receive calls. If you find the solve can you please tells us. Thank you! I already made a ticket but I don’t have a solve.

@mom-in-troubles   you could be a different issue. if you cannot receive incoming calls at all.  

Did you request porting?  A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

pio28asba

It was working perfectly fine.

pio28asba

it did not work. But thanks

mom-in-troubles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same issue happen to me, I activated my sim one week ago and I can’t receive calls. If you find the solve can you please tells us. Thank you! I already made a ticket but I don’t have a solve.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pio28asba hi I don't believe it's your phone ,try manualy setting your network to 3g see if that helps 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Has this been happening since you got the phone ? If so, start process to have PM replace the phone with a different one.

added..

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

Need Help? Let's chat.