cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone dropping calls

jadekins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone find their network/phone drops calls more than usual with Public? Trying to convince my partner to join but he's uncertain given how often I disappear from the other end of our calls! Is it my phone or the network? 🤔 Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Customer41

I have had the same issue.  Only 1 - 2 bars of service and dropping phone calls for a couple of weeks.  This happened last year a couple of times as well. I am located in midtown Toronto which should have the best service.  I just changed the setting to 3G and restarted my phone and instantly I have three bars of cellular service. Great suggestion.  Thank you. 

jadekins

Thanks, all! This was really helpful. I'm in metro Vancouver with an iPhone XS, so I'm pretty sure the problem was that I didn't have 3G only selected. It's been an intermittent issue, so I'll just have to wait and see if it crops up again, but pretty sure this will convince my partner to join, so thanks again!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jadekins , Try putting network to 3G only first as advised above.

And, let us know what phone model you have. Also, likely the drop calls is on particular area, which area would it be?  do you mind to share and maybe we try can to look up the towers map to see if it makes sense.

Sbm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven't experienced any network issues so I'd follow the advice above and see if it's a issue with your phone.  Good luck!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jadekins wrote:

Does anyone find their network/phone drops calls more than usual with Public? Trying to convince my partner to join but he's uncertain given how often I disappear from the other end of our calls! Is it my phone or the network? 🤔 Thanks!

@jadekins  - calls should really not be dropping if you are in good coverage areas. But hopefully this is not permanent.

Perhaps upgrades are being done in your specific region.

Manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls.

Are you in the Manitoba region by any chance?

EDIT:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jadekins 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

check it outage Service Status

Need Help? Let's chat.