cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone compatability with PM

dardsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hallo the folks who sell PM SIMs are unable to help me. I had to purchase a phone in another country (Oppo F19 Pro) so I have to rely on guessing / internet sites to understand whether this works with Public Mobile.  From a site i found it notes that the phone has 4G B5 (850) and 3G (850).  Is that sufficient for me to get access? I prefer 4G obviously but am willing to live with 3G as my usage will be voice calls and maps while travelling with occasional google searches for food, restaurants and sites to see.  Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dardsa   Your phone would have poor and unstable performance in both voice and data on PM

this is the spec on your phone, BOLD are the compatible bands with PM

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41

These are the bands used on PM:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

PM's voice work on 3G only.   You miss one of the 2 required bands on 3G.  So, it would mean you will experience lots of dropped calls and poor voice service

You only have a single compatible band on LTE, which also mean your data on LTE will be almost unusable.

Even using 3G for data would not work great for the fact that you only have a single band out of the two required 3G bands

So, in short, I would avoid using this phone on PM

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dardsa 

On 3G, you need a minimum of 2 frequencies. You will need B2 and B5 to minimize breakup calls.

On 4G is good on B1, B3, B5 and B38.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@dardsa hi try willmyphonework.net to see if it's compatible

Need Help? Let's chat.