cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls under 1 minute,

Lynban
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are all phone calls outgoing that last under a min. considered to be one minute on my bill or am I charged by seconds.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DF wrote:

I hate this so much. It's such a scam. They could easily round to the nearest second but they don't and they round in their favour. Imagine going grocery shopping and at the checkout the price of every item is rounded up to the nearest dollar on the bill before being totalled.

Telus does the same thing and they even round up calls that are exactly on the minute. So 1:00 rounds up to 2:00. Based on this, in the past week I've used 16 minutes but with the rounding thing it comes to 32 minutes.

I feel like this is deceitful, false advertising and possibly even theft. I paid for 100 minutes and will likely only get about 50 because of tactic. It also means I'm limited to a maximum of 100 calls per month or about 3 per day.

I think it's time to complain to the CRTC about this methodology.

Yup, and even Koodo (also Telus) billed calls per second as far as I remember. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DF wrote:

I hate this so much. It's such a scam. They could easily round to the nearest second but they don't and they round in their favour. Imagine going grocery shopping and at the checkout the price of every item is rounded up to the nearest dollar on the bill before being totalled.

Telus does the same thing and they even round up calls that are exactly on the minute. So 1:00 rounds up to 2:00. Based on this, in the past week I've used 16 minutes but with the rounding thing it comes to 32 minutes.

I feel like this is deceitful, false advertising and possibly even theft. I paid for 100 minutes and will likely only get about 50 because of tactic. It also means I'm limited to a maximum of 100 calls per month or about 3 per day.

Until the CRTC rules in your favour...why not consider getting a $25 plan that has unlimted Canada wide calling.

Alternatively, there's an add-on that provides you 500 minutes of Canada wide calling for $5. Any unused minutes roll over until consumed by you.

DF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Lynban Calls always round up, and the time starts when you press call, NOT when the call is connected on the other end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lynban wrote:

Are all phone calls outgoing that last under a min. considered to be one minute on my bill or am I charged by seconds.

thanks

All rounded up to the next minute. Incoming too if you're on the $10 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.