cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls not connecting

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When I call someone the call is taking between 15 and 30 seconds before it rings, or not ringing at all and going directly to voicemail. This has been happening regularly for the last couple of months. Is this connected to 3G shutting down by the end of 2022? 

6 REPLIES 6

Lorca

Thank you dabr, I will send a private message today. Problem is not resolving, and new issues are starting. When I do connect the sound is often loud and garbled. Also, some incoming (and outgoing) calls completely disconnect without going to voicemail, even when I am not using the phone.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lorca   Have you submitted a ticket to customer support and asked them to take a look at your account?

Here's a link to the chatbot to submit a ticket (although some are reporting issues with this option):  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket, send a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lorca

Still having this problem, if anything it is getting worse. The vast majority of inbound and outbound calls just have dead air for 15-30 seconds then directly to voicemail or only occasionally will ring. I have tried switching phones, restarting etc but it’s definitely on the service provider’s end. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There has been spectrum reallocated from the old 3G network though, and new cell towers and small cells tend to be LTE (and 5G)-only, so over time 3G coverage and capacity is getting worse in comparison even if it's not entirely shut down. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Lorca 

3G not shutting down until 2025,

can you rebooting device,

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lorca    More than likely it's connected to the 3G towers being updated.  Quite a few customers have been posting about issues with their calling lately. 

BTW, have you tried your SIM in another compatible phone to rule the issue being the phone itself?  You can also try selecting 3G/WCDMA in your network setting to see if that helps at all.  Or even a network reset on the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.