cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls dropping off

Lyle_2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public mobile is part of Telus and uses Telus’s network my wife and I can’t take a phone call in the house, have to go outside and then the call still drops off. The best we can get inside or out is one bar. What can we do

9 REPLIES 9

Lyle_2

Annoying 

Lyle_2

Submitted a ticket haven’t heard back yet 

Lyle_2

It’s always been this way network settings are set to automatic so that’s not an option have rebooted but no change. I have submitted a ticket 

Lyle_2

Don’t have that option on my iPhone 8

minnieaaaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been having the same issue for several months now, and so is my mom who is with Public Mobile. It's frustrating as it will happen several times throughout a short call. 

epwand

I don’t have experience with this kind of stuff, however, I am having problems with people not being able to hear me on the other end of the phone. We have been on 3G and we just upgraded to 4G plan and we still having an issue. So we put it back on 3G, however, maybe try it on 3G and see if that might help, it might be a network issue.  

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can also get cellphone booster antenna that you mount on your house. If what the other posters told you to try doesn't work for you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lyle_2 

Had it always been this way?

Try rebooting device and resetting network connections.

Worst case, ask the CSA group to reprovision your account/SIM:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Lyle_2 

Perhaps you can reach out to customer service to look into your area to let you know if there are any outstanding problems. Sometimes, if you just reset your network settings, this may fix the issue. Depending on where the Telus towers are or if your piggy backing off of a Bell tower, its' hard to say. But if you're only getting 1 bar, that isn't good and a ticket should be put in for help. The other thing you can ask for when you reach a CS Agent is to reset your network on their end and see if that helps. You will have to shut off your phone for this to work.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1714519433693.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.