cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone beeps 3 times

ggaudette1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

i have an iPhone XR and when I try to dial certain numbers it beeps three times and hangs up. Anybody have any ideas?

Garth

12 REPLIES 12

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ggaudette1 

Happy to hear it! Please create a new thread if you see any new issue, network-related or otherwise. All the best! 🙂

ggaudette1

Seems to have fixed itself, pretty sure it was a carrier problem.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ggaudette1 wrote:

Hi

i have an iPhone XR and when I try to dial certain numbers it beeps three times and hangs up. Anybody have any ideas?

Garth

@ggaudette1  - likely a network flow issue that was happening. I see some issues were happening today.

When these blimps happen, you can also try the below to help reconnect/trigger the Public Mobile Network:

-rebooting your phone

-toggle into airplane mode then back again

-Perform a Reset of the device's Network settings

Public Mobile Representatives are Customer Support Agents (CSAs), and can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

My mom was having issues this morning getting the beeps and having it disconnect this morning as well here on Vancouver Island.  iPhone user as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Phee

Are you still having the issue? The numbers I tried calling this morning are all going thru now. 

ggaudette1

How do I get hold of a Cs agent?

0PX9O4

@ggaudette1 

There have been 2 other similar reports of problems this morning from customers in BC. I suggest you send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can look into this for you.

Don't bother with tickets and the chatbot - they can be faulty.

0PX9O4

@ggaudette1 

You're welcome! It definitely sounds like a phone-related issue if it's been going on for a while with all different numbers that you try to call.

Please keep us posted on what you find when you try from another device.

ggaudette1

I could try that later when my wife gets home but not right now. Good idea though 

Thanks

0PX9O4

@ggaudette1 

Are you able to put your SIM in another phone temporarily to see if that solves the problem?

ggaudette1

Possibly but three different areas this morning, Whistler, Vancouver, and Everett?

0PX9O4

@ggaudette1 

This is usually an indication of a problem with the number that you are dialling, or the network in your area being busy.

Source: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8131546

Need Help? Let's chat.