cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone/SIM transfer error

JulesN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had my phone number transferred from my old provider to here with a new device (I brought this on my own) to public mobile, and I got a confirmation text on the old device that it was complete, but my new device isn't working and the old one is disconnected now. I sent a ticket in about this (248945-543), but cannot get back to the ticket to see an update and I've not received a response yet (the emails seem to be glitching), so I'm reaching out here instead. Is there a way to get the SIM linked to my new device? I'm on day two of not having text/call capability and it's significantly interfering with work.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JulesN 

It sounds like the porting is complete if you confirmed to the text. You can put the old SIM in your new phone to confirm if you old phone is not working.

Then reboot your phone by holding down the power button then power off the phone. Swap the old SIM with the PM SIM then power the new phone back on.

If you miss the confirmation outside of the 90 window then wait for the CS_Agent to reply to your ticket so keep your eyes on the envelope icon.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JulesN hi you can put your public sim in your old device to see if it works, let us know, your new device did you buy new or is it used? also a response to your ticket can be found in your community envelope top right corner next to your avatar 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Use personal mail at Community to communicate with agent. Top right corner, envelope icon.

Most likely something went off with PM SIM provisioning. Ask agent to assist you or call number I sent you by personal mail. Number is for Porting support only!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JulesN , monitor the mail symbol on the upper right corner of the community web page.  Once there is a response to your ticket, you should be able to see a notification there.  You can click on the mail symbol and can manually check your inbox and sent box.  The ticket you sent should be found in your sent box.  

Need Help? Let's chat.