cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Owners of the Samsung A52 5G & PM SIM Card Issues

Morganplus4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI, 

I purchased a refurbished Samsung A52 5G phone last week, and it's the single SIM Card model. I can't get my PM SIM Card to work in it. It keeps coming up as "Not registered". Anyone solve this problem? Is there a way to test the IMEI number to see if it's okay? Does PM test these numbers?   Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

@Morganplus4 

I hope you find a replacement phone. Try Klinik Mobile, they are a Telus company since PM no longer sell pre-owned phones:

https://shop.mobileklinik.ca/?ga=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwivemBhBhEiwAJxNWN5hUM3PSJf_f9LSjfmoroZeNYvF-OB9TyA7... 

Morganplus4

Update on my Samsung phone:

I was able to contact the seller of this phone and told him it was blacklisted, and I needed to return it as my only other option was to report it to the police as stolen. He took it back and gave me a full refund. He also said that people like to buy locked phones and break them, I don't. Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Morganplus4

I have tried many times to reboot it and unfortunately, I already have loaded it with all of my apps and info etc..   I'll try Googling a solution and see what others have done. Thanks for your suggestions.

Morganplus4

It was purchased from Amazon Canada awhile ago. I didn't need it right away and we were traveling in the US. I sent a message into Amazon and I'm waiting to hear from them. The phone is perfect in every way. It looks brand new and the battery lasts two days. It's perfect aside from the sim card issue. I know I should have tested it as soon as I got it but I truly believe this wouldn't happen on Amazon.

Morganplus4

I am installing the sim card correctly. When I manually scan for Networks it comes up with Freedom, Telus and PM. I have tried my two sim cards in ti and other phones and they are good sims. Neither work in this phone. It always comes ack as "unregistered".  Same thing happens when I try my Fido sim card, it comes up Freedom, Fido, Ext-Fido and Ex-Fido again.

P.S.    If I haven't commented on any possible solution, it doesn't mean that I didn't try your solution. Things are moving fast on this thread so I'm trying everything asked of me.

My conclusion so far is that is blacklisted and open to any Network. I need to get the blacklist removed I think. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you buy this from a "reputable" dealer? Or from some rando on kijiji or something? The last time I bought a used phone, I bought from one of those many repair shops and I checked devicecheck before paying. If it's a reputable dealer then maybe they can help. If some rando.....

Morganplus4

And so I ran the IMEI number into unlockboot.com and it came back with this data. It does appear that the phone is network locked though. ice_screenshot_20230814-191252.png 

Morganplus4

They are going to make a movie out of this! I ran the IMEI as you recommended, and it comes up black-listed too!  Now it is blacklisted and needs a Network lock code as well. What a mess. Is there any way to resolve this? I did run the IMEI at another site and it came up clear, who knows. I'm out a lot of money now. Is there some way to clear this lock as you would think that businesses would prefer that phones are functional and paying for monthly services. Yikes.

Morganplus4

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. So I ran the dialup code for the "Network Lock" and sure enough, it is asking for a "Enter Network Lock Control Key". This means it is locked to a provider? I don't know who that would be. I bought it off Amazon but the seller is nowhere to be seen now. 

@Morganplus4 

Since the Samsung A52 was introduced on March 17, 2021...it wouldn’t be locked since carriers are not allowed to lock phones after 2017.

But check whether it is Blacklisted and was reported lost or stolen.

You may also want to reach out to Samsung Canada for assistance at 1-800-SAMSUNG.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

After you check @softech link to see if the phone is black listed, if it's not, good start.

Then check this link to see if it's unlocked.  unlockboot.com  This will show you how to tell if your phone is locked. If it is locked to a carrier, you will need to contact the seller to have it unlocked. If they say they can't do it, send it back fast!!

Finally, make sure the SIM card is inserted properly. Sometimes people put it upside down. lol. Then if it's in properly, reboot it. Then restart it, go to the settings, find network settings, turn it off Automatic and see what comes up. If Public Mobile comes up. then choose Public Mobile if you see the option. Let us know if it works.

Morganplus4

Wow, that's fast! I did try two different Sim Cards, I also powered off and on several times and still nothing. I also looked for answers in this Community as well. Thanks for looking into this. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Morganplus4 

Try rebooting your phone with the SIM in your phone. Just power off the phone then power back on. Try is several times.

Also try resetting the network.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Morganplus4 

doesn't look like blacklisted, usually it will show SOS

but test here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

and the PM sim still working on another phone?

[ ''twas indeed blacklisted even though purchased via Amazon 😩 ..... Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.