cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Unavailable on Public Network - yet it works on other networks

robrice59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am phoning 1-888-223-3779) which is a BC ferries number and it tells me that the number is designed not to receive incoming calls yet it is when I use another phone which is on the Telus network and Public is owned by Telus.  Why does this problem even exist?  Frustrating when trying to use my personal. phone vs my business phone.

10 REPLIES 10

Still a problem. Even if CSAs can't help, it's important to register a ticket so PM has the data needed to evaluate where to put technical development. 
Fongo/TextNow good workaround. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@robrice59 

good question...I just tried it and has same result as you. Then I tried calling with my TextNow app and the call was successful this time.

If you have a TextNow app or a different voip app...give that a try.

No use bringing it to attention of CSA...they won't deal with it.

I tried it by using TextNow, and the result was as same as you, pretty weird, not sure what happened with PM. 

I completely get that, @hairbag1 

We've all heard of far too many users who appear to get ignored by CSA's, yet others who have had prompt and good outcomes.   Some even exceeded their expectations.  

I still believe it's all in the approach and once a user gets the slightest bit aggressive or abusive, the CSA's prioritize accordingly.   Should they, no.   They're only human, however.  🙂

@hairbag1 wrote:

@robrice59 

good question...I just tried it and has same result as you. Then I tried calling with my TextNow app and the call was successful this time.

+1.  I am able to call the number from google voice and my non Public Mobile service.  It is a Public Mobile issue.  I do recall that sometimes calling toll free number is quite YMMV with this service.  

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am in lower mainland and get a 5V1 message saying same was what you say. 

I tried: 

1-888

+1-888

@HALIMACS 

can't hurt to ask, you're right. Give it a go.

I guess I'm just getting jaded as they won't deal with other issues that have affected far more customers.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Can't hurt to ask, can it, @hairbag1 ?   It is a fair use of the CSA's when a user cannot reach a Canadian number.  (albeit, i've heard some toll-free #'s can be problematic...)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@robrice59 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This has been reported before, @robrice59 

Try rebooting your device, and resetting network connections.  

Then try the call again.   If it doesn't work, report to Customer Support staff.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@robrice59 

Try adding prefix +  in front of the 1-888 number.  

Some customers have had similar issues. Might be related to VoLTE roll out.  

Other customers needed to add either +1 or 1 in front the area code for local or Canada calls also.  

Need Help? Let's chat.