cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Endorsement?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Hey all,

I noticed that Public doesn't endorse any products?

Would it be effective or them to look to a few of the bigger players and endorse some phone companies and get a finders fee from said companies? 

For example - Samsung, Apple, and LG

or if the partnered with Orchard?

www.getorchard.com 

7 REPLIES 7

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree but a lot of other products are like that, google home goes on sale at Best Buy, all other stores, will have it on sale, comes from manufacturers, I think!!!!

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am curious if it would be possible for this to even work for a BYOD company and if manufacturers would even be interested. Before I bought my Umidigi phone I was looking at some lower end Samsung phones. One thing I noticed was that the prices everywhere (Amazon, bestbuy, the source) always matched the price on Samsung's website and when one went on sale they all did. So that makes me think that at least they control their prices pretty tightly.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm, I believe Telus did their homework and surmise that Public Mobile is what the public wants. A pre-paid plan with rewards. If you have phone endorsements, then it becomes a pre-paid plan like the other players that are out there. 

It's what makes Public Mobile different from everyone else. 

@Naepalm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's BYOD. As long as it's compatible and unlocked why should they care.

Got a phone that works here?...we'll sell you service. I ain't no marketing guru 🙂

The power of making money by having a platform to offer that without any extra cost. This could simply be them directing us to those sites and getting a kickback when people purchase. I'm trying to think of other ways to see how Public could bring their operating cost down to give us cheaper plans 🙂 

So the question of why should they care because their members would get cheaper rates and give them the ability to have more promotional for current members. 

Any additional income doesn't result in lowering plan costs.  Telus already has its agreements with phone manufacturers with whose phones they sell at the higher tiers.  I think the BYOD is really still part of the DIY of Public Mobile even with retail support.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a phone that works here?...we'll sell you service. I ain't no marketing guru 🙂

The power of making money by having a platform to offer that without any extra cost. This could simply be them directing us to those sites and getting a kickback when people purchase. I'm trying to think of other ways to see how Public could bring their operating cost down to give us cheaper plans 🙂 

So the question of why should they care because their members would get cheaper rates and give them the ability to have more promotional for current members. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Better that they don't.  To do so would require bricks and mortar stores like other brands.  

Need Help? Let's chat.