cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatibility

Awi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does choosing either Public Mobile's 4G Speed or 3G Speed plan have any effect on frequency band compatibility with a phone?

12 REPLIES 12

Choosing a 3G speed plan or 4G speed plan has no impact on your phone's compatibility. Both plans can use 3G and 4G networks.

@Awi wrote:

Gosh, thank you ever so much @Outdoorsman 

One last thing if I may...Can I confirm that I understand correctly, that choosing different speed plans (2G, 3G, 4G) has no bearing on a phone's frequency band compatibility?

As from earlier, all of Public Mobile's price plans use the same network types.

Awi

A thousand Thank You's to you @Outdoorsman and all of the kind folks here.

@Awi hi in your case you can get a 3 g or 4g plan here you have the bands you need with that phone 

Awi

Gosh, thank you ever so much @Outdoorsman 

One last thing if I may...Can I confirm that I understand correctly, that choosing different speed plans (2G, 3G, 4G) has no bearing on a phone's frequency band compatibility?

@Awi hi yes that phone will be fine to use with public 😁

Awi

Thank you ever so kindly @Outdoorsman 

I'm considering buying this:  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09DV1DRDW/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?th=1 

@Awi what type and model of phone are you using ,I can check to see if it's compatible if you like 

Awi

@Outdoorsman

I'm having trouble understanding even the most basic things about mobile phones as I've never had one.  I'm of an older generation and trying to transition from a landline to a mobile phone for the very first time.  Therefore, when I look at a phone's specs and try to match it up against Public Mobile's bands, I'm completely lost, so I don't even know how to do what is in your reply.  I'm still just trying to learn enough to take the next little steps as I go along.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Awi hi these are the bands used ,as long as your phone can use most of these bands you should be ok .

Outdoorsman_0-1668277258831.jpeg

Awi

Don't I need to match a phone's 3G frequency bands to Public Mobile's 3G frequency bands if I choose a 3G Speed plan?

The plans being advertized as 3g or 4g is only about speed. Both types of plans jae the same networks.

Need Help? Let's chat.