cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Cannot Send SMS Texts since changing to 15GB 4G Plan

drowsell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed from at 5GB 3G plan to a 15GB 4G plan on November 22nd and since then I am unable to send SMS. 

The following works fine:
- receiving SMS

- Data
- Calling

The only thing that is not working is sending SMS. 

I am trying to fix this before the New Years as I want to respond to that free 2GB text promo. 

3 REPLIES 3

drowsell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I tried the SIM card in another phone and it had the same problem where it could not send the SMS. 

I contacted the CS Agent as well. Maybe it's my SIM card?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@drowsell   there has been similar reports before

But try to first reseat your sim card (power off , take out sim card for a minute, then put it back in and power on)

If still does not work, try to "Reset All network" (but please note all your saved wifi will be gone, too, you will need to rejoin the wifi network)

You can also try your sim card in another phone.  This will force a reprovision of your sim card/account and it might resolve the problem 

If nothing works, please open ticket with PM Support

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That change should have no impact on you being able to send SMS, @drowsell 

Try rebooting your device, or using the SIM card in another working device to see if you can send texts from it.

Also, try disabling things such as iMessage or Chat (android) to see if the message you send will divert from that service to SMS message.

Need Help? Let's chat.