cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Can Outbound Calls, but Can't Receive or SMS

wayneclarke1944
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried the SIM on more than one Android phone, both Samsung, one is Android 8 and the other Android 13.

I've activated a SIM w/ a Transferred phone number, which I think may be why this happened, as I've had success with a new phone number in the past.

I can make outbound phone calls.

I cannot receive phone calls.

I cannot send or receive SMS

I can use data (LTE) on the 3G plan I have.

Worst thing is I can't confirm my account because the system cannot send me a text message - a design flaw, in my opinion.

Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Mitzie

I created a ticket and can’t wait for this to be resolved. I need iMessage for work. This should be something that is mentioned before you agree to transfer to Public Mobile. Very irritated…spent all weekend waiting for phone to be verified. 

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.
Public Mobile Team.

wayneclarke1944

I've submitted a ticket to PM Support.

Something to do with the old number not being successfully transferred.

Working on this.

wayneclarke1944

Does this include issues relating to calling, Mr. Batman? Is there a public statement I can see that gives me more detail?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is dealing with issues when it comes to SMS iMessages and such. No ETA of when it will be resolved.

Need Help? Let's chat.