cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Activation Did Not Work

tlucas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help activating my sim card with the phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx.  The activation was finished but the line is still not working. I have been waiting for more than 2 hours.

No phone transfer was done. I was provided a new number.

My phone is compatible (iPhone XS).

I also powered off my phone, removed my SIM card and waited one minute and then restarted. Still not working.

Thanks!

phone number removed from message by computergeek541

5 REPLIES 5

@GinYVR wrote:

tlucasI recommend you move up (at least) one tier for Koodo if you are using your phone for business.. since Moderators can take up to 48 hours to get back to you.. Can your business afford to be out of touch for that long?

Just FYI: I no longer believe any residential service is more dependable than any other based on the experience here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693.

Suspect, don't know, that real dependability only comes with business lines?

Or perhaps, a hosted VOIP service? https://www.hostedauthority.com/what-is-the-most-reliable-business-voip-phone-system/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tlucas wrote:

Please help activating my sim card with the phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx.  The activation was finished but the line is still not working. I have been waiting for more than 2 hours.

No phone transfer was done. I was provided a new number.

My phone is compatible (iPhone XS).

I also powered off my phone, removed my SIM card and waited one minute and then restarted. Still not working.

Thanks!

phone number removed from message by computergeek541

Did you get the Welcome to Public Mobile email telling you were successful in activation ? If so...

Please try the lost/stolen remedy as it's been helpful with other new accounts like yours. Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen...click Suspend, then log out. Wait 5 minutes, log back in again like before...then Resume service. Cycle phone off/on.

This might help, otherwise you'll need help for moderators.

Good luck and let us know what works.

@tlucasI recommend you move up (at least) one tier for Koodo if you are using your phone for business.. since Moderators can take up to 48 hours to get back to you.. Can your business afford to be out of touch for that long?

tlucas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply. No hardware issue. Also tried iPhone 8s. Also, I cannot login to my account. This is some PM service issue. I sent a private message. Hope this is quickly resolved. This is a mild disaster because I need my mobile to work now and there is not even a contact number to call. This is a pretty bad customer experience to be honest.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tlucas 

Activation of new number should be quite quick.  Porting a number from another mobile company takes few hours sometimes.  

You could try your SIM card in another unlocked phone to determine whether hardware issue/setup versus PM service issue.  

If PM service problem, you will need to contact moderator.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.