cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom voicemail notifications

Darkejon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Every time I get a phone call, i also get a phantom voicemail notification, but there is no message?
iOS 17.3.1

anyone else seen this? Is there a simple solution? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Darkejon   I just checked and my iPhone is also Public Mobile 58.0 and I'm not having that problem (I also have Live Voicemail enabled) but good idea to contact customer service anyway, you might also want to try Apple support if they can't help.

Darkejon

That apple discussion thread is exactly my issue. No VPN or security software. I suspect it's a carrier update that is needed. My phone says "Public Mobile 58.0", so I guess I'll have to contact customer support and see if that is current? Thanks 🙂 

@Darkejon   Not that then.  This Apple question that sounds similar talks about updating carrier settings but also asks if there is security software or a VPN on the phone

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254566730 

Darkejon

I frequently use live voicemail, so I don't want to turn that off ideally. If it is Live voicemail, then I'd rather live with this annoying bug and keep the feature.

It seems to me like it's the voicemail integration of Public mobile not working as intended on my device... Its like I get a notification that tells the voicemail there's a message three to be read, but there never is. Every time I answer a call I still get these notifications. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Darkejon 

Adding you @Phil_Adelphus, update your phone to iOS 17.4.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Darkejon   It sounds like Apple's Live Voicemail.  You can turn it off in settings.  To see if anyone left a Live Voicemail message tap on the voicemail icon in the phone app.

Need Help? Let's chat.