cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal tags

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Is pm getting rid of the ability to apply personal tags to posts for easy reference altogether? I noticed that they now remain only in the announcement thread. Once I discovered how handy they are especially given that it is much more difficult to search the community for specific posts....pm has nearly eliminated their usage.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

11 REPLIES 11

Can't believe I'm saying this @esjliv  ... i tend to agree with@darlicious on her most recent point. 

EDIT:

Stupid stupid stupid timing on posts displaying in the thread.  I retract the above comment. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech I disagree it all depends on how used and tag used I created one called pm-guide (remove the -) and it would use it on posts I found helpful or would reference often. Using keywords I could easily find some info ie pm-guide Australia would bring up a post for getting sms while out of country. Pm-guide ios would get an iOS guide others had similar uses.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

😂

@esjliv 

To see my reply please use the link below the CSA's will be able to sort you out in no time.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious wrote:

Pretty soon it will be filled with the top contributors of how to contact customer support. 

HI @darlicious 

it is here already, I notice this line appears a lot throughout the day  'Please send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can look this up for you."   

whats next? Shall we suggest the CSA's reboot their phones for them or dial (1) before the 10 digit phone number? Sure why not if that gets you bravos and solutions?

and you forgot the reboot of home router.  LoL

@darlicious wrote:

Pretty soon it will be filled with the top contributors of how to contact customer support. 

@darlicious  -  🤔

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo 

So for now the Announcements board is the final frontier. The community is getting less and less useful each day. Pretty soon it will be filled with the top contributors of how to contact customer support. Similar to how the removal of the bravo leaderboard led to a severe lack of accountability the insistence that only posts and threads that give support to a customer "count" towards community rewards is leading the community down a path of futility. 

We are only 15 days into the re-design  there are fewer and fewer posts from members asking the OP for more info, suggesting workarounds, troubleshooting or just simply teaching the customer how to perform a basic task in their self serve account.

Customers are being directed to customer support for basic tasks that they should be doing themselves like making payments, buying add ons, changing their phone number.....whats next? Shall we suggest the CSA's reboot their phones for them or dial (1) before the 10 digit phone number? Sure why not if that gets you bravos and solutions?

The narrow view of what is considered help around here now means half of what is posted in this community should be in the lounge. Sharing your ideas goes straight to the lounge because helping keep the community interesting, fresh and engaging to community holds no value anymore. The community members that have such great expertise, insight and knowledge are losing interest in spending time here when there is barely any acknowledgement from both pm and other members of their time and commitment to help solve unique and often difficult issues that most CSA's couldn't even grasp the concept of......I mean with all the recent glitches that have occurred there are many of them struggling to understand what their main duty is......providing customer service and support.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

honest, I don't see the benefit of the tags.   Add to that the lack of ways to  remove it was definitely a mess.  I remember there were quiet some funny tags back then

(btw, we cannot even go back ad check all the tags now, right?) 

Update, no worry, found the link to show all the tags:

mimmo

@esjliv  I don't disagree with the decision. I pushed to keep tags as long as there was a way to edit them. Alas No editing = no tags:(

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo - Although, I saw the benefits of having tags ... yeah, I would tend to agree with PM's decision here.

If there is no way for an Oracle or PM representative to edit/delete them, they should be not used. I have seen some in the past, where I could not believe was out there, but no one seemed to be able to change it, or modify them, even stuck in the Profile of the Community Account for all to see.

mimmo

Yes @darlicious  they have been removed, mainly because of the inability to edit them from my understanding..  I have mentioned their usefulness several times to @J_PM   but unfortunately the possible  personal info in the tags won

Need Help? Let's chat.