cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People can't hear me when making a call

fergusegonzalez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Everyone,

My wife it's getting audio issues when making phone calls, where people can't hear her (Voice packages lost).  However if she makes a call using whatsapp everything works ok, (we tried not being connected to WiFi and Connected to WiFi).

I already used the SIM card on another phone, same result, her parents live in the same town, and they don't get these issues and they are with public mobile.

Also I tried changing her to 3G but no luck.

Is there anything else I can try before purchasing a New SIM card and port her number over?

Best Regards,

Manu

9 REPLIES 9

@fergusegonzalez the parents just did the same and mods reset the network on their end. I don't think it's going to help much. their issue is because there aren't enough cell towers in the area and there is a condominium blocking their path to the nearest tower.

if the reset doesn't help you can try a cell phone booster make sure to purchase one with bands 2 (1900mhz) and 5(850mhz)

fergusegonzalez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! let me contact them.

Cheers!

Manu

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Definitely get ahold of a moderator before purchasing a new sim. They have lots of things they can do  on their end to see what’s happening. 

Sorry, I'm not sure.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fergusegonzalez , I have had this issue a few of times.  I resolved it once by clearing the cache on the phone apk and rebooting.  Another time, everything worked after I went to a different location and connected to a different cell tower.  I have had situations where I receive a call and the other party cannot hear me.  These issues are all intermittent, not really repeatable and somewhat difficult to pinpoint a real cause.  I know one thing that is not the problem and that is the SIM card.  If you are able to connect to the cell network, I am not sure  a SIM card replacement will do anything.  I doubt there is anything wrong with the account as calling is enabled.  @sheytoon , do you have any technical tidbits to offer for these strange calling behaviors.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@fergusegonzalez 

Try a DIFFERENT SIM card from another family member/friend in YOUR device to see if the audio issues remain.

If so, it'll more likely be a device-related issue, and not a service/account issue.

You can also try making calls with your device & SIM using a Bluetooth device to establish whether the Bluetooth device is able to pick up audio that your device isn't - just another way to isolate whether it's your device's microphone that may need a gentle cleaning.

Determine which of your device's microphones may be faulty by first establishing which microphone serves which input function.  (your device may have more than one microphone for input signals), then troubleshoot that microphone using the many different troubleshooting articles on the web specific for your device.

Good luck!

@fergusegonzalez 

That is a strange issue with the sim card but both @Anonymous and @TheGx  are correct that the moderators would either have to reset the account or reprovision the sim card. If that fails then the sim card has likely become defective and would have to be replaced. Purchase a new one at a retailer (do not activate it)and contact the moderators to change the sim card in your wife's account. Ask for a credit equal to the sim card replacement cost to be added to the account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fergusegonzalez : You could try the lost/stolen procedure. Log in to self-serve of that account, Plans & Add-ons, Lost/Stolen, Suspend, log out, wait a minute or 3, log back in and back and Resume, log out, restart phone.

Or manually adding another dollar into the account and restart the phone.

Replacing your SIM in this case is not the keyword "port". It's changing the SIM #. For that you need the moderators to do. I suspect the moderators would end up needing to reset your account though with no need to replace the SIM. But give those couple ideas a go and see what happens.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fergusegonzalez :Because your problem is isolated to your wife SIM card even when used in other phones, you should contact the Moderator Team by click the white bubble in bottom right or click envelope button in top right - the problem might be something they can fix from their end.

I doubt switching the SIM on your own would work, because it is rare there could be some sort of physical defect with SIM cards that could exist that would effect your voice calls but not your data.

Need Help? Let's chat.