cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments

AdamLove
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello there Public Mobile.....

My payments are always $19 and now I'm getting bills for $28+....  for months now .....  I want to know why ....  I have been with Public for 5+ years and I'd hat to see this all go....

27 REPLIES 27

You have to do some calculations and decide what works the best for you.

Everybody is different and some love $ rewards and some have to live with Points.

@AdamLove 

You already switched to points awhile ago....? And I understand the frustration in being misled into joining the points program. Unless you have drained your points already by redeeming them on bill credits if you are thinking of leaving then you should do so before you port out.

Of course it would have been better of you to take advantage of the deals offered between black Friday and boxing day to get a new phone with TMS and the pc optimum program offering some of the best deals by allowing you to apply the points earned (150,000 to 300,000pts/$150 to $300) onto the purchase price of the device subsidy. Do your research of all of the deals offered by retailers and providers recently and you can probably get a similar deal but you will be tied to a 2 year contract in the $40 to $50 per month range albeit with a large data bucket of 20+GB.

The one thing telus did not take into consideration when they deceptively marketed Public Points as better than $$ rewards was the level of dissatisfaction of loyal pm customers with higher cost plans who feel duped into the switch. By eliminating the value in the loyalty reward from $60/year down to $10/year (10 points) and the requirement to redeem points for bill credits they have lost the valuable commodity that brand loyalty holds. Combined with the 3×points promotion for new customers it leaves the loyal pm customer feeling even less appreciated and once they use up the value of their accumulated points there is no real reason to stay with public mobile unless they have accumulated a stack of bonus add ons and/or a large prepaid balance (unlikely if they have a high priced plan). Even porting out and back in again at a later date would leave the customer in a better position than they sit currently.

I would advocate that once you exhaust any accumulated benefits that you do port out for deal elsewhere that will net you a "free" device at a similar price point to the larger data bucket plans that pm offers and return once your contract ends ( or the new provider breaks a key contract term that releases you from your contractual terms and gives you your device free and clear). Stay on top of the additional rights a postpaid customer has under the WCC to take advantage of the punitive measures postpaid providers are held to unlike prepaid providers who are not punished punitively when they breach the few rights afforded to prepaid customers under the WCC.

Assuming you are on the $25 plan with an accumulation of bonus add ons switching to the $15 plan and using up the international minutes add ons and data add ons to supplement the $15 plans 100 outgoing minutes and 250mb of monthly plan data along with redeeming points for discounted data add ons (1GB data=10 pts/$10) until you have exhausted your accumulated points and add ons. This will not only save you $10/30 days over your current monthly bill ($25?) the savings can be put towards lowering the cost of a plan +device subsidy at a new provider.

Now that public mobile/telus has thrown away the value of your brand loyalty in their quest to constantly increase their bottom line profitability to benefit their shareholders rather than reward their loyal customers there is no good reason you shouldn't benefit your own bottom line with a new phone by paying for a similarly priced plan at a new provider for a couple of years. Once paid off  and you own your new device you can consider a move back to pm and their points program at a likely promotional higher earning points rate than you currently earn now.

@AdamLove 

if you need to buy add-on, then redeem for add-ons, it is mostly 33 % cheaper than paying

next best is to redeem for bill credit, 15 points = $15

@AdamLove    Going by your earlier threads, unfortunately you're now stuck with the public points if you switched.  When you switched you should have received points for every month you've been with PM upto the switch (one time), so I would use up those points by redeeming them as an account balance to pay towards your upcoming bill/s before thinking of porting out, unless you are seeing a really good promo at another carrier for both a new phone and new plan, of course.

You should be able to redeem multiples of 15 points ($15 each) account credit as long as you have those points available in your Rewards account.  So bank all your points available as an account credit first to use towards either purchasing add-ons or upcoming bills.

@AdamLove @Pm has phone for sale , best to own your phone outright thou in my opinion that way your not stuck in contract and can enjoy low cost plans from public mobile 🙂

AdamLove

If I switch should I find a new company other then Public....  Maybe freedom I was looking to get a new phone and a plan maybe a plan or

You can only switch from old rewards to new points it’s a one way street unfortunately 

AdamLove

How do you switch

@AdamLove 

The old rewards system will save you more money than the new points system.  Do not switch over to the new points system. There is no way to make the new points system stronger to pay less monthly. 

@AdamLove @That’s a matter of opinion , but the general consensus around here is the old rewards are superior 

AdamLove

Hello Public Mobile 

Is the new rewards better then previous like my bill was $19 

Can I make the new system stronger and pay less per on a monthly basis payments...

Thank you,

Adam

@AdamLove 

Use them for reducing your bill like you did before, with the old rewards system.    Redeem 15 for $15 off your bill renewal.

@AdamLove , convert them to dollars to buy add-ons and pay for renewals.  

@AdamLove @Towards your phone bill in my opinion 

AdamLove

Hello Public team....

What is the best way to use the points...

Thank you, 

Adam

@AdamLove @That’s a negative 

@AdamLove   Sorry, unfortunately not although it would be nice.  You can redeem the points to be used against future payments or purchase add-ons (inc. roaming) and they're generally a little cheaper to purchase with points than for anyone on the old rewards.

AdamLove

Hello Public

Can I use my rewards to get a phone.....

Thanks,

Adam

AdamLove

What is the most best thing to do with these points ? If anyone has calculated all this up please help me out...

AdamLove

It shows 55.7 points and all this other stuff

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove @Did you happen to switch to points from loyalty rewards by accident when checking for your perks 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove   Does sound like you switched to the public points systems which means discounts don't get applied automatically during billing but you can redeem the points once you have $15/15 points which will applied towards the next bill.  Login into the Rewards portal to redeem the points if applicable.

@AdamLove 

Follow my information from my other post.

Also login the rewards portal and look at your rewards there.

You'll see if on the points program or the old,$$ rewards system.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AdamLove   any chance you moved to the new Public Points rewards?

Check My Rewards site https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards, does everyone refer in $ or points? if everyone referring in points, you are on the new Public points system

The rewards no longer deducted monthly.  You have to collect to 15 points first and then redeem for $15 bill credit

AdamLove

I don't know

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove 

Did you switch to the new points rewards system, by mistake?

Login to your account and click on payments.  Then scroll down.

You should then see your upcoming bill including all your rewards, if you're still on the old rewards system.

Need Help? Let's chat.